Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceFemale FitnessInspirationTraining Programs

For wemon weights and cardio or just cardio18643

Spencer1104 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is trying to loose weight and I'm trying to get her to do weights with cardio is it better for her to watch her calories and just run and do cardio workouts or eat high protein and good calories while doing weights and a cardio a few days through the week
Post 1 IP   flag post
Yeags private msg quote post Address this user
Do weights and some cardio for sexy... just cardio to lose weight...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Help her to appreciate that weight lifting can build muscle, muscle increases lean body mass, more lean body mass equals more calories burned daily.

Get her out of the mindset of "losing weight" and into the mindset of losing fat. These are different things.
The scale is an enemy in this battle for many because they associate lower numbers with progress instead of smaller measurements, looser clothes, and a better looking body.

The weights will help but the battle is won and lost in the kitchen.
Post 3 IP   flag post
crystalmepretty private msg quote post Address this user
Lift lift lift! And encourage her to look into BF% vs weight. I weigh more now than I ever have (I was scrawny skinnyfat before at 102 lbs...now at 120 I look way better)
Post 4 IP   flag post
getfit24 private msg quote post Address this user
One of the best advice ever given to me at the gym was to never neglect weights. So I suggest she does cardio and lift weights while keeping an eye on her macros
Post 5 IP   flag post
340621 5 5
destitute