Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CarbsCuttingFemale FitnessMacrosTraining Programs

Macros for cutting18635

VictoriaAlexis1 private msg quote post Address this user
I was doing online training for about 4 months but it got super expensive. I was given workouts and macros to follow to cut. I've been following it pretty diligently but even after the 4 months I feel like it hasn't really worked. I lift 5 times a week and do HIIT 3x a week.
My macros are as follows; 1389 cals a day with 118 gr of protein, 148 gr of carbs and 39 gr of fat. 28 gr of sugar. I'm 5'1" and when I started the training I was 124 lb. I went down to 119.5 at the lowest but I went back up to 121. What kind of changes should I make to my macros? I feel like I need to tweak them a little but I'm not sure what I should change. I've read so many articles online and everything seems to be very contradicting. Thanks guys!
Post 1 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be more concerned about your overall calories rather than macros. Yours are low. Read the FAQ thread for more info,

You need to figure out your maintenance calories using a calculator (there's one in the FAQ thread). It's not 100% accurate, but it's a good starting point.

Figure out your goals and adjust calories from there. If you are looking to lose weight, aim for .5lb to 2 lbs per week with a slight caloric deficit. I started my cut at 200 calories below maintenance. If I didn't lose enough weight, I dropped 100 calories and if I lost too much I added a bit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
VictoriaAlexis1 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok @West165 so I did look at the FAQ thread. Thank you for that recommendation. I originally posted from my phone and couldn't see the FAQ thread for some reason. I did just read that and the macro calculation. So it seems like my maintenance cals would be 1848. So I am about 450 cals short of maintenance right now and have been that way for the past 4 months.

I'm so freaked out to go above that and just do like 200 cals less than maintenance. I just don't want to put on a lot of weight in the form of fat, but what I've been doing clearly isn't giving me much results.
Post 3 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
Do a bit of research on leptin and refeeed days. Your body is probably getting used to the drop in calories. 450 calories under isn't as bad as I thought it would be, 1400 calories just seemed a bit low. Then again I'm 60+lbs heavier lol.
Post 4 IP   flag post
340770 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute