Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionNewbiePhysiqueTeenTraining Programs

17, 5'5", 110 lbs. Help?18582

Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
Im 17, 5ft. 5 in, and im looking for something to compensate for being short. In many ways being below average height for a male is discouraging. Ive noticed that taller guys are noticed more, as well as respected. So here I am. Im here today to ask what I should start working on to get ripped quickly without having to spend too much money and without leaving the comfort of my own home (I already have equipment here, so why not use it here?). Where should i start? What should i do? What should i eat? Please help!
Post 1 IP   flag post
EagleRare10 private msg quote post Address this user
Start by reading the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

What equipment do you have already?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRare10
Start by reading the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

What equipment do you have already?

I know, but I really wanted to talk to people first hand. I have a shitty bench, 5lb, 10lb, 15lb, and 25lb dumbells. I also have hand grips and a pullup bar.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I think you're going to need a lot more weight before long, whether that means buying it or joining a gym. Or, presuming you're still in school, can you workout in your school gym? Sign up for a weight training class?

Even though you want to talk to people directly, you're going to want to read those sticky threads a few times, then ask questions on things you don't understand. Pretty much everything you need to know to get started is in there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
You're going to need more than 25 pound dumbbells and a pullup bar. Like @EagleRare10 said, see if you can workout at your school. If you can't do that try to get a membership at a local gym. I know you want to talk to people but you really should read those two sticky threads. If you read and save those, you'll have more knowledge than 99 percent of people your age. I'd also take a day and watch Eric Helms nutritional and training pyramid videos.

I'm sorry but you won't get ripped quickly. It takes time and it takes patience. If it were so easy and quick to get ripped then everyone would do it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
You're going to need more than 25 pound dumbbells and a pullup bar. Like @EagleRare10 said, see if you can workout at your school. If you can't do that try to get a membership at a local gym. I know you want to talk to people but you really should read those two sticky threads. If you read and save those, you'll have more knowledge than 99 percent of people your age. I'd also take a day and watch Eric Helms nutritional and training pyramid videos.

I'm sorry but you won't get ripped quickly. It takes time and it takes patience. If it were so easy and quick to get ripped then everyone would do it.

I realize this. Im not stupid, patience and time, i understand. Im not trying to gain extreme amounts of muscle. My goal is to be toned and strong. Quickly for me is a 4-5 months, by the time my school year ends. What im looking for here is people who can help me with an at home regimen and diet plan, what food i should buy and what workouts i can do to get toned. I have very little fat and i have the body to work on, all i need now is simple workouts i can do at home to save me time and money. 2 of you say it wont be possible to get "ripped" without going to a gym, i dont find that true. There are many articles online about at home workouts, I believe i can "make gains" without needing to go any where. Im getting a punching bag soon as well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ok then. Seems like the sticky threads will answer a lot of that for you. Instead of us making you an at home regimen and diet plan, completely from scratch, why not read the sticky threads in conjunction with those articles online about home workouts, and see what you can come up with on your own, then post it and we'll give you feedback.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Nobody is saying you can't get ripped without you going to a gym. But even with the perfect program/diet for you, 4-5 months isn't going to be long enough for you to reach your goals. Like I said if it were that quick, everyone would be working out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler
What im looking for here is people who can help me with an at home regimen and diet plan, what food i should buy and what workouts i can do to get toned.

You wanted help knowing what workouts to do and help with your diet and we both mentioned reading those two stickies on the homepage of the forum.

And Eric Helms Nutrition and Training Pyramid videos will answer those questions.
It's better if you read those threads/watch those videos because you'll actually learn/retain information.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Salokin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
im looking for something to compensate

Here's your real problem. You're looking for compensation. 1st thing you need to work on is being confident with who you are. You can change your body all you want, but it won't change your thinking.

Change inside first, otherwise you'll be striving after wind.
Post 9 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
looking for something to compensate

Have you considered buying a souped up lifted ford truck?

Jokes aside, I know where you're coming from. Sophomore year in high school I weighed 135 lbs soaking wet.. I had little self confidence too. Just weighed myself yesterday and I'm at 188 lbs (I'm just coming off a bulk so a lot of that is fat) but when I'm cut i typically weigh 165-170. Just gotta eat, lift, repeat.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340752 10 10
destitute