Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
AbsArmsBackBench PressTraining Programs

What was the biggest struggle when starting?18555

Joe private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

I'm new to lifting and I want to know what the biggest struggles you guys faced when u started lifting. And things u perhaps still struggle with now.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
@Joe learning to be able to tell the difference between what matters, and what doesn't matter.

Sorting through what is useful science, and what is junk science (junk science in my opinion is actual science, but it just doesn't have any practical value).

Not falling victim to dogmatic thinking and absolute/exclusive "rules". Sugar is evil, "clean" vs "dirty" foods, etc etc
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say when starting he hardest part is comparing yourself to others.

Just remember everybody started somewhere.
Post 3 IP   flag post
GYMRVT2 private msg quote post Address this user
For me it had to be understanding results take time. In the beginning it felt like like I wasn't getting the results I wanted fast enough. Now years from when I started its insane seeing the progress I made
Post 4 IP   flag post
emmyweird84 private msg quote post Address this user
The biggest was just realizing that patience is the key to success. "Progress not perfection"... I have to say that to myself still somedays.
Finding the right routine wasn't easy at first, especially when you have no clue where to start. But you eventually figure it all out.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamb0 pretty much hit the nail on the head. There's so much useful information out there, but there is so much useless shit that it's hard to know what is useful in the beginning.
Post 6 IP   flag post
sjfit private msg quote post Address this user
For me i think it was just the motivation. Its easy to make the plan to go to the gym but in the beginning i always had an excuse. Making it a habit was the best thing i could have done for myself
Post 7 IP   flag post
340737 7 7
destitute