Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingNatural BodybuildingPhysiqueSplit AdviceTraining Programs

How to train for muscle growth18486

AnthonyDee private msg quote post Address this user
I think this is a pretty good article on how novices/intermediates should be approaching each of the training variables for the goal of muscle growth.

https://myoleanfitness.com/build-muscle-science-based-guide-part-1-training/
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Was on board until I read the sample routines. Clearly composed by someone who leans more toward "bro," than functional strength and conditioning. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
AnthonyDee private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure I agree with you... Each workout seems to be based on a couple of compounds with heavier loading, a few assistance lifts, and a little fluff work. Not very different from Lyle's GBR (in a full body format though)

Either way, imo anything that includes the compound lifts with sufficient intensity and volume and prioritizes progressive overload gets a thumbs up!
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Considering the inherent risks involved with using only trunk flexion movements to work the midsection with no stability work for the deeper core musculature, and the insufficient amount of upper back work, I wouldn't advise the routine to anyone whose goal is to have a healthy lumbar spine and shoulders in the long-term. As I said- it's bro-approved, but not consistent with current strength and conditioning literature for exercise choices. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Charlesdog private msg quote post Address this user
Not bad really
Post 5 IP   flag post
Charlesdog private msg quote post Address this user
Add in some upper back and core stability
Post 6 IP   flag post
340755 6 6
destitute