Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
MotivationProgress PicsTraining Programs

How do I get a physique like this?18460

Redskins2626 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been lifting for about two years and I'm currently stagnant and clueless as to what I need to do next. I started out with the Fierce 5 routine, saw great gains but my cut went horribly. I then moved on to phat and but I wasn't eating enough so everything kind of fell flat.

I uploaded a picture of what I currently look like and the physique I want and then attatched an image thats similar. Thanks for all the help and please don't judge me lol

Post 1 IP   flag post
Redskins2626 private msg quote post Address this user
bump please lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
You train for 4 years with consistent diet and nutrition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
And shave the upper body.

On a side note, i don't even think those 2 guys have all that much more muscle than you, although they do have some.

Wild estimate would be to gain 5-10 pounds of lean mass, and cut maybe 10+ lbs of fat afterwards.

So in short:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, honestly not that hard.

Quote:

Maybe even less. You look like you already have a good base, just need to get the diet on point when you cut.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MuscleMan private msg quote post Address this user
Try changing your workouts to shock your muscles. Maybe your body responses better to low or high reps.
Post 6 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
You could try yelling at your muscles like CT Fletcher. Seems to work for him.
Post 7 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
"I command you to grow!"
Post 8 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleMan
Try changing your workouts to shock your muscles. Maybe your body responses better to low or high reps.

Whatever you do. Don't do this. This guy thinks he can win the Mr Olymipa title naturally in two years. I wouldn't heed his advice.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lanetrainer63 private msg quote post Address this user
Diet, hard work (beast mode) and the proper supplements. In that order.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanetrainer63
Diet, hard work (beast mode),rest and the proper supplementswill help a tiny tiny bit. In that order.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lametrainer63
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

Whatever you do. Don't do this. This guy thinks he can win the Mr Olymipa title naturally in two years. I wouldn't heed his advice.

As I have said in 2 years you will know if you have what it takes (good to elite genetics) to be an IFBB Physique Pro. You shouldn't be that far off. Then a year on the juice you can get to around 190 lbs ripped.
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
A good physique starts with a good diet, genetics do help. I'm a trainer and biologist, getting on the right supplements will help,and more than a tiny bit! Tell Phil Heath or Ronnie Colman that they only help a little bit. Of course, rest is extremely important as your muscles grow during rest.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Lanetrainer63

Depends which kind of supplements we are talking about haha.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Someone who is not on any supplements is at a clear disadvantage to someone who is taking Whey, creatine among other supplements like preworkout, good Multivitamin, oils, etc.
Post 17 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Someone who is not on any supplements is at a clear disadvantage to someone who is taking Whey, creatine among other supplements like preworkout, good Multivitamin, oils, etc.

Not necessarily. Someone nr 1 can run a well balanced diet.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I wouldn't say that. With a good diet, good training program, and getting decent sleep, one does not need supplements.

That's why they are called supplements not necessities.
You do know whey protein shakes aren't some magical potion right? Not taking supplements is not putting you at a clear disadvantage.
Post 19 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
I can only tell you what has worked for me. I've done a PPL routine for most of the last 5 years and its worked pretty well. I did do SL 5x5 for about 6 months at one point and that worked well too. I've just been trying to maintain for the last couple years doing PPL and try to hit the gym at least 3 times per week.

My advice is to get on a routine you can hit consistently and make sure your diet is right. Don't cut out carbs or got on a stupid fad diet. Eat what you need to grow and if you don't know what you need then you MUST educated yourself. Start here...
http://www.simplyshredded.com/layne-norton-the-most-effective-cutting-diet.html
Post 20 IP   flag post
Jesus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Do you have 3d shoulders?
Post 21 IP   flag post
TedDansen private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamb0
And shave the upper body.

On a side note, i don't even think those 2 guys have all that much more muscle than you, although they do have some.

Wild estimate would be to gain 5-10 pounds of lean mass, and cut maybe 10+ lbs of fat afterwards.

So in short:
Quote:

I agree, you're not far off. A shave and a tan make a big difference, and keep in mind those pics are probably photoshopped a bit. I'd cut down until your abs are defined, and see where you are. You'll probably want to build your chest up.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I agree with the above post. Shaving and tanning will make a big difference! Most professional pics are photoshopped as well. You have abs, you just need to make them pop. Diet will do that, as you have the genetics. I posted mine as having a 6 pack at 53 is not easy for most. Bottom line is that I have the genetics, and keep myself on the lean side. I still believe you would benefit from a good whey and casein protein powder, BCCAs, and possibly Creatine. But at the end of the day, diet and genetics are what makes great abs! That's my opinion from years of lifting, etc.
Post 23 IP   flag post
AnthonyDee private msg quote post Address this user
You have a relatively good base imo.

The guys above have a little more muscle and a little less fat than you do.

How to look like that:
1. Focus for another year on gaining muscle (small energy surplus, enough protein and progressive resistance training)
2. Cut until you get lean enough (small-moderate energy deficit, enough protein and progressive resistance training)
Post 24 IP   flag post
340752 24 24
destitute