Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCompetitive BodybuildingTraining ProgramsWTF

Weird workout composed by my trainer18405

Kev521 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
Tommorow Iam starting my new diet and gym, my personal trainer which is also my family member has composed the diet and it looks very good, althought the workout looks really weird! It's not the exercises but the routine; he told me to go to the gym three times a week like this:
Thursday - Chest, Triceps and forearms
Saturday - Biceps and traps
Monday - Shoulders and legs
And he also told me to train abs no more than 3 times a week.

The thing I see that is weird is that for example if I train my biceps then I will only train it once a week, which is little in my opinion but he said that it is because I will just overtrain and burn muscles?

Everywhere I read on the internet people train each musclegroup atleast 3 times a week to build muscle mass, please tell me what you think about it because I am really confused who to listen.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jesus private msg quote post Address this user
Where on the internet do you see people train each muscle group atleast 3 times a week to build muscle mass?
Post 2 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't just focus on traps. You need to get some back work in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
What's your new diet look like?
Post 4 IP   flag post
EagleRare10 private msg quote post Address this user
@Kev521 did you read the first post on this thread: http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/page/1/routine-design-for-dummies-10/

It does lay out an example of a suggested program (and names several other well-known programs), but also directly answers the question you posted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
1. All body parts twice weekly. For natural athletes, we want to take advantage of muscle protein synthesis rates, which remain elevated 48-72 hours post-workout. Training everything around twice weekly is optimal.

I skimmed through a few of your other threads. Having a gym to go to should benefit you, but it sounds like the routine could still use some tweaking. Can you post more specifics on the exercise selection?
Post 5 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Where on the internet do you see people train each muscle group atleast 3 times a week to build muscle mass?

Jesus Christ, have you heard of full body workouts?

Training a muscle 3 times per week is much more optimal than 1, like OP's listed program.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@EagleRare10 I will post the exercises here tommorow, and also@West165 my new diet is around 2300 calories with the right amount of fat, carbs and proteins for my body, its basically, chicken, turkey, fruits, vegetables, rice and other simmilar foods
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
What's the "right amount" for your body? The routine listed above isn't the worst thing I've ever seen, if I only had three days to train, it definitely wouldn't look like that. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
@eknight it has 2300 calories, 190g proteins, 292 carbs and 66g fats
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ that does not equal 2300 kcals. It's a little over 2500. You might consider whether or not this particular trainer is in your best interest. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
ATN_Coaching private msg quote post Address this user
Ask more questions my dude if you start to get and or feel the sense it is coming off as bullshit you might want to reconsider working with such a person.
Post 11 IP   flag post
testosteronejosh private msg quote post Address this user
Seems a little on the light side to me. Then again, depends what your goals are I suppose.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340750 12 12
destitute