Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCompetitive BodybuildingSplit AdviceTeenTraining Log

Workout for 4 days straight?18367

Kev521 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am a college student and I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off which means that I can only train in those days as I have stuff to do at home after I finish college.
Can anyone recommend me a workout program to gain muscle mass?
I could probably go about 1 day more a week but it just depends on the situation so there is always a chance for 5 days.
Post 1 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
Check out the FAQ thread in the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jordan17 private msg quote post Address this user
Upper/lower/rest/upper/lower
Post 3 IP   flag post
EagleRare10 private msg quote post Address this user
As @West165 said, read the sticky threads. Maybe you have a better capacity for recovery and can handle it, but I personally wouldn't do four days in a row. If that was my schedule and I had to stick to it, I would do something like: heavy upper on Thursday, heavy lower on Friday, rest Saturday, and do a full-body on Sunday with more of a hypertrophy focus. Somebody more knowledgable than I might have a better idea though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tucane private msg quote post Address this user
You're young so I'd say upper, lower, upper, lower. It will be tough and stressful on your body, so it's really important that you eat and sleep well.
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Upper power A
Lower power A
Upper Hyper A
Lower Hyper A
X
X
X
Upper power B
Lower power B
Upper Hyper B
Lower Hyper B

A days will prioritize pressing and squats
B days will prioritize pulling and deadlifts

What i mean by this is you will be using OHP or Benchpress as your main compound lift for the session and then supporting that lift with accessory work such as dips, cable flys, front raises, etc.

Do the same but for rows on B upper days.

Use the routine guide for dummies on finding out what rep ranges and exercises to do so you hit a good 1:2 ratio of pushing to pulling work.

Alternatively you could run a push, pull, legs program with a day of cardio as one of your active rest days. There is nothing wrong with not smashing the iron every workout. Cardio can be fun.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shoto private msg quote post Address this user
Thursday - Upper (Front) 3 sets & Mid-Section 3 sets, as many reps as possible. NB: always leave 1 rep

3-5 minutes rest in between sets

Sunday - Upper (Back) 3 sets & Legs 3 sets, as many reps as possible. NB: always leave 1 rep

On these days, train like there's no other training you'll ever do, "tire yourself out" but always leave 1 rep. that you can do.

All other days should be rest days because you grow when you rest. Sleep early, 8hrs min., the more the better. Hydrate well, eat three square meals, big ones till you're full.

Don't skip your training, you'll gain muscle mass
Post 7 IP   flag post
340733 7 7
destitute