Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioDiet AdvicePHAT

Ketosis and heart rate increase18282

Boydsta private msg quote post Address this user
Yesterday I did some HIT cycle training for the first time since starting the Keto diet about 1 mths ago and noticed my heart rate has increased. I use to max out at 175 now its gone up to 184bpm under a similar load. Also my resting heart rate is up by 30bpm from 60 to 85! this is freakin me out. One thing i dod notice was at the end of the HIT session I was not exhausted however my HR took a long time to go below 100bpm.

Anyone else experienced this or similar issues with heart rate on a high fat diet?

My keto urine reading was around 10mmol/L on the last check.

The fats Im eating are primarily:
Avocado
Bacon
Red meats
Fish
Greek yogurt
Post 1 IP   flag post
BlakeScar private msg quote post Address this user
You are in the fast burning mode still well done. Nope you're fine just means you over did it. Happened to me when I did short sprints with two 65 dumbbells in my hand and then 80. After I did like what 20 in all really pushing and wanting to collapse to the ground I noticed my heart so first of all in shock from what was happening and my heart was 195 and after everything was finished and I relaxed then checked the next day, my heart was STILL 120 when I woke up. It will go down in a few days meaning 72 hours then rinse repeat. Greek yogurt nice choice! But naw bro you're fine. Are you getting leaner and have more energy, right? I rest my case good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
@Boydsta Why are you on a keto diet?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ this is the real question. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Boydsta private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the feedback Blake. I started sprint track cycling a year ago and in the off season was trying to mix in some steady state base training with 1 day a week of HIT sessions and 2 days gym training. I tried keto to get rid of some stubborn fat that wouldnt budge. Well keto def worked in that respect but low carb high fat comes at a price so I have since discovered in terms of explosive power output. Cardio wise however you feel like you can go for much longer without hitting the wall.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Well good for you! Your Heart is thanking you btw lol. Did you try Carb Cycling yet? Btw, did you lose any muscle mass for lost fat and kept your mass, or? Just wanting some advice and later on deciding what will work for my body and genectics the best way possible. Because we are all different wish many would understand that part... Keep up the good work!
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No. No we're not all different. Human biology and body chemistry are basically the same for 99.999% of healthy people. Stop trolling. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeScar
Just wanting some advice and later on deciding what will work for my body and genectics the best way possible

You keep doing circles in this "special snowflake" way of thinking. You're wasting your time, and its been pointed out to you several times already. Pull your shit together if you want to improve, cos basically everything i've seen you say on this forum has been all over the place, in terms of logic.

Also...

*G-E-N-E-T-I-C-S*
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ehh sorry for that... I don't know where that came from... hope you're doing work bruh and getting shredded!
Post 9 IP   flag post
ATN_Coaching private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my question to this as we have a general basis as to what your goals are.

1.) What are your current numbers, people think they are running keto and really are not as people truly misunderstand. If you have no clue as to how much you are eating issue as that may causing the issues.

2.) How much salt are you taking in, are you using any added sodium at all?

3.) Hydration what does your hydration look like? There is no set goal for water intake just as much as physically possible.

To me #1 is the most important question at this point let us know.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340762 10 10
destitute