Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCompetitive BodybuildingCuttingTraining Programs

My recommendation on executing LI cardio18252

ATN_Coaching private msg quote post Address this user
Everyone hates cardio whether for weight loss, health, performance, show prep, and more we hate it. That said there are many forms of cardio as well many ways to perform these cardio sessions. From that one of the greater success' I have had with LI (low intense) is how I have my clients execute. Again this is my recommendation based on theory and assessment of my clients success. With that here is how I recommend you perform and execute your LI cardio if it is part of your cardio regimen.

1.) Choose a piece of LI equipment (treadmill, elliptical, stair climber, cycle bike) pretty much pieces that have the computer/controls on them.
2.) When you get on choose the "Manual" program.
3.) After choosing the "Manual" program, it should and will ask you for your weight.
4.) Input your weight that you weighed that morning.
5.) It may ask for gender, age, etc. if so input it as well (not mandatory) but generally helps.
6.) After all that you will perform your LI cardio until you reach *** kcals burned, whether it takes you 10 minutes or 60 minutes.
7.) General rule of thumb is the more intense the shorter you will have to perform but as we go that will get harder and harder.

I fully understand the machines and pieces of equipment are not 100% in accuracy, but what we get from this is "consistency" in effort of execution. The slower/less intense you perform the longer you will perform the session. The more intense you push the shorter the session. In all it allows high room for accurate monitoring and analysis based on activity vs. caloric intake and more.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
THOUGH BE REASONABLE!

The treadmills at my gym are magical calorie burning machines.

Run at speed 9, 0 incline for 10 minutes and burn 100 calories.

Walk at speed 1 on max incline(15) for 10 minutes and burn 200 calories.

The incline factor really screws up the calorie equation.

This is why i just choose a setting for my LI sessions (max incline, speed 3) and shoot for a time, or for my hit sessions i will just go for a time based on how my body feels that day.

Having an activity tracking watch helps too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ATN_Coaching private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX

This is why i just choose a setting for my LI sessions (max incline, speed 3) and shoot for a time, or for my hit sessions i will just go for a time based on how my body feels that day.

Time works as well also really the key is increasing intensity or prolonging time or both. I just can't bare to look at the time and it say 5 min. in and have 55 min,. left. I had a greater success from a emotional and physical standpoint with my clients vs. using time and controlling intensification variables.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@ATN_Coaching Exactly why i set an alarm on my phone and then cover up the time on the machine. You just keep going til its over. Or do half hour sessions and have a half hour TV show to watch. Just finish the show and get off.
Post 4 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@ATN_Coaching From my experience especially with treadmills they overshoot by 100-150cals per session but i totally understand ur angle as being consistency is king and ur going to have a long time in ur prep to increase said calories at will presuming it wasn't a last minute decision to go on a cut.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340609 5 5
destitute