Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsPhysiquePower LiftingSquatsTraining Programs

NEED ADVICE ON Conditioning18171

Jenrboyle private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm an upcoming senior in high school and I participate in track and field. During this off season I want to improve my triple jump, and I also want to build up endurance for my 800 meter run. My dilemma is that I know in order to improve my triple jump I need to build strength and to do that I need to consume more calories and lift heavy.My question is, what steps can I take to get strong and simotaniously build endurance?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that the 800 is no longer considered a "middle distance," event and training for it should be as if it's an extended sprint. I would focus on improving power, not endurance. Shouldn't you have a coach to program your off-season training?

*simultaneously

-3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Was about to comment on the actual topic, but i have to ask first:

3 days ago you were asking for advice on macros because you wanted to cut. Is that still in the picture, or?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamb0
Was about to comment on the actual topic, but i have to ask first:

3 days ago you were asking for advice on macros because you wanted to cut. Is that still in the picture, or?
@Hamb0 if you look back at the thread I was given advice to reverse diet because I have been maintaining at 200 grams of carbs. so my plan in the next month is to reverse diet since I was maintaining at such an unhealthy number. Once I am maintaining on 350 grams of carbs I'll begin leaning out. I'm not going to begin off season training for track for a few months because the season doesn't start until late March of 2017. I just want to plan my next step after I'm done with my future cut (Im only looking to shed a few pounds) and im curious as to what people on this forum think would be a good idea when I do begin off season training. Sorry I should have specified that!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shouldn't you have a coach to program your off-season training?

-3X@eknight
Yeah you'd think that. The problem is my jumping coach no longer coaches at my school and my running coach isn't familiar with jumping events so she has only given me off season advice to improve my 800 meter run.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DylanJa private msg quote post Address this user
You want to try do some volume training, mix in some time under tension and really shock your fibres in your legs! this will increase the size definition and strength in your legs and overall achieving your goals:
Try this:
Front squats (hold at bottom) 5x8 reps
Tri super-set hack squat 6-8 5 second eccentrics (5 seconds down 5 seconds up)
leg press - 15 reps (fast)
hack squat 6-8 5 second eccentrics (5 seconds down 5 seconds up)
final super set leg extension and sissy squats;
Leg extension 12-15 reps max to fatigue sissy squats x5

Let me know how you go!
Post 6 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanJa
Leg extension 12-15 reps max to fatigue sissy squats x5

yeah lets just break her knees
Post 7 IP   flag post
340762 7 7
destitute