Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Diet AdviceProgress PicsSplit Advice

noob gains/ keep bulking or? halp18136

AJZtheSavage private msg quote post Address this user
first post here still not too sure how this works, but i was wondering what i should do next. i was at 155 lbs on january of 2016 and i have been bulking since. I am now 203 lbs. should i keep bulking and gaining strength or do a mini cut. and what do you all think my body fat % is. thnx

added 48 lbs in 6 months, i'm 5'8
Post 1 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious, What's your height?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenpass
Just curious, What's your height?

true shouldve added height there, im 5'8 bro
Post 3 IP   flag post
KS100 private msg quote post Address this user
Slow down your calories! No need to gain 48 lbs in 6 months. Keep it up like that and you will be a sad man when the cutting phase comes around. Aim for about 100-300 grams increase in body weight pr week. Which equals 100-300 calories surplus pr day. Excessive eating will only make you fat and won't help you build any more muscle. Your bf is probably around 20-25 in the last pic. Personally I would aim for a recomp over 1-2 months, and then continue bulking
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS100
Slow down your calories! No need to gain 48 lbs in 6 months. Keep it up like that and you will be a sad man when the cutting phase comes around. Aim for about 100-300 grams increase in body weight pr week. Which equals 100-300 calories surplus pr day. Excessive eating will only make you fat and won't help you build any more muscle. Your bf is probably around 20-25 in the last pic. Personally I would aim for a recomp over 1-2 months, and then continue bulking
recomp? Explain...and yeah I gained 40 of those pounds too fast but I've been clean bulking for the past month and the weight gain has been much slower.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Recomping has you eating at maintenance, not at a bulking kcal amount and continue to lift heavy. It's a tediously slow process, but would be effective for you to allow you to maintain muscle while losing fat and not lose LBM. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
If ur goal is asthetics then maybe slo it down a little, if it's strength fuck it keep going u still look good dude.
Well done, awesome progress.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340734 7 7
destitute