Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
SnackIt private msg quote post Address this user
Been running ws4sb for a two months now... but I'm really missing having a little more hypertrophy focus, so I'm wondering wold it work to make a split like this? sometimes feel like having two upper days is just to much on one day, i want a little more volume

Day 1: Upper (strength)
Day 2: Lower (Strength)
Day 3: push (Hypertrophy)
Day 4: Pull and legs (Hypertrophy)

Its look a little like PHAT
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
It would work but I would honestly have a hard time with the volume of a legs/pull day.

Deadlift
Squat
Row
Cable row
Ham curl
Calf would be minimum and even doing 3-4x12-15 on those sounds taxing enough.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I was thinking to do something like this, i know its not a lot of volume for legs on the pull day, but will it really be a problem in term of size as i already has a leg day.

Upper Strength:
Bench: 3x5
BB row: 4x6-8
OHP: 3x5
Pulldown: 4x6-10
Shrugs: 3x8-12
BB curl: 3x6-10
Skullcrushers: 3x6-10

Lower Strength:
Squat: 3x5
Stiff deadlift: 4x6-8
Leg press: 3x6-10
Leg Curl: 3x8-12
Calf raise: 4x8-12

Push:
Incline Db press: 3x6-10
Chest Press: 3x8-12
Flies: 2x12-15
Lateral raise: 4x8-12
Skullcrushers: 3x8-12
Rope Pushdown: 3x12-15

Pull/legs:
Deadlift: working up to a 3 RM
Low Row: 4x8-12
Seated row: 4x8-12
Pulldown: 3x8-12
Shrugs: 3x8-12
Facepull: 3x12-15
DB curl: 3x8-12
Leg Press: 3x8-12
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Seems something similar to 5/3/1 would work better in your situation. Bench/ squat/ DL days and you could just cycle heavy work and rep work on whatever you want that relates to that days main lift.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX you got a template for that routine? At the momment i think the progression on 5/3/1 is to slow, im still able to progress weekly.

So my routine dosent look good or optimal enough?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Having Pull and Legs on the same day, plus assuming the volume is adequate for a "real" hypertrophy day, quite frankly sounds disgusting and i can't imagine it being very good. But i can only speak for myself - you can always try it out.

But the back- and lower body muscle groups respectively, are the 2 largest muscle groups in your body, so i'm wondering why you would want to cram that together in 1 workout.

----

Okay, nevermind. I saw your pull/legs day... I kinda think thats VERY hard pressed to call that a leg day in any way.

work up to 3rm on DL, and then do 3 sets of leg press? You can't label that as "legs hypertrophy"
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamb0
Having Pull and Legs on the same day, plus assuming the volume is adequate for a "real" hypertrophy day, quite frankly sounds disgusting and i can't imagine it being very good. But i can only speak for myself - you can always try it out.

But the back- and lower body muscle groups respectively, are the 2 largest muscle groups in your body, so i'm wondering why you would want to cram that together in 1 workout.

----

Okay, nevermind. I saw your pull/legs day... I kinda think thats VERY hard pressed to call that a leg day in any way.

work up to 3rm on DL, and then do 3 sets of leg press? You can't label that as "legs hypertrophy"

Thats true on the pull/leg day, i would say increasing my deadlift on that day is my goal more then hypertrophy for legs
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackIt

Thats true on the pull/leg day, i would say increasing my deadlift on that day is my goal more then hypertrophy for legs

Do you have exceptionally big legs, compared to the rest of your body, or whats the deal with having hypertrophy days dedicated to everything else than legs?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Hamb0 not really, i just trying to make a 4 day split, my legs grows fine from hitting them once, but im used to hit them twice, so a whole leg day wont fit if im making it a 4 day split
Post 9 IP   flag post
How does it look beside for legs? If my goal is strength and hypertrophy
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You're already using an incredibly effective split if you're doing WSBB. Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
340609 11 11
destitute