Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingDiet AdviceMacrosSplit Advice

Bulking macros?18105

dburt2 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, so I'm a 5' 10" 160 pound male (19 years old) and I'm looking to bulk.
Right now, my macros are,
calories: 3076
Carbs: 461g
Protein: 154g
Fat: 68g

I'm having the hardest time reaching my carbohydrate goal most days. Does anyone have any advice for my nutrition plan? I'm also a collegiate soccer player, so soon I will be incorporating other high intensity cardio workouts into my routine (which right now is still in the works).

Also, what kind of split works the best? I want to do a 5 day split and workout my chest and legs twice a week but I'm having trouble figuring out the best routine to gain muscle. Any help would be appreciated...
Post 1 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburt2
I'm having the hardest time reaching my carbohydrate goal most days.

2 tablespoons of Nutella
Post 2 IP   flag post
Arimac44 private msg quote post Address this user
Carbs aren't normally that hard to cram in brother.

4 cups frosted krispies and 500ml full cream milk approx 165g carb
2 powerade 70g carb
250g basmati rice 120g carb
100g cream of rice 100g carb

Thats around 455g of carbs just there, eat that shit up brother. I imagine you would be burning a fair few calories with your soccer so if your looking to bulk then eat eat eat
Post 3 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
@dburt2 Rice cakes, rice, oats...

Work all your muscles twice per week. If you are really want to do a 5 day split, do a rotating push/pull/legs. However I think a 4 day upper/lower split should be enough since you will also be incorporating high intensity cardio.
Post 4 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@dburt2 I don't think a 5day split is optimal for a collegiate soccer player ur calories should be WAAAY higher if ur that active and I'll find it hard to eat enough in general. Most players @ ur levels trying to optimise sports performance will find it hard to get a lot from a 5day split.
I'd tend to go with more of a 3-4day upper lower split with some strength work to compliment ur sport.
Bulking if u haven't time for a lot of carbs eat more fat.. No problem dude...
Try get more simple carbs in and around ur workouts and training and u'll find its much easier to hit carb goals.. Low fibre cereal post workout, some jellys intra.. White rice is a very easily digested carb to have in ur main meals.. I'd suggest eat what u can when u can pal.
Post 5 IP   flag post
dburt2 private msg quote post Address this user
What would be a good example of a 4 day upper/lower routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@dburt2 I don't think a 5day split is optimal for a collegiate soccer player ur calories should be WAAAY higher if ur that active and I'll find it hard to eat enough in general. Most players @ ur levels trying to optimise sports performance will find it hard to get a lot from a 5day split.
I'd tend to go with more of a 3-4day upper lower split with some strength work to compliment ur sport.
Bulking if u haven't time for a lot of carbs eat more fat.. No problem dude...
Try get more simple carbs in and around ur workouts and training and u'll find its much easier to hit carb goals.. Low fibre cereal post workout, some jellys intra.. White rice is a very easily digested carb to have in ur main meals.. I'd suggest eat what u can when u can pal.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/page/1/routine-design-for-dummies-10/

-3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
340630 7 7
destitute