Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CardioCuttingDiet AdviceTraining LogTraining Programs

Help please!17981

Kmar private msg quote post Address this user
Help! I'm 23 years old, 180lbs/81kg, 5'7 ft

I really need some help getting back on track. Ive been lifting since 17 years old, not new to gymming, always loses his track/longest commitment to gym was 3 mos, also has a beer belly. I was either the skinny guy or the fat guy, never been the lean guy. I've never achieved my dream body so I want to attain it right now. But the problem is, I lack knowledge on what to do first or which techniques should I believe in. I feel so unhealthy right now and I just moved on from a bad break up so can you guys help a brother out?

I need some advice on the following:

-achieve 10-12 percent body fat ideal weight 155-160 lbs
-proper training
-calorie intake
-cardio(type/how long)
-type of diet
-proper diet
-weight lifting schedule (eg: chest-biceps for Monday)
-I'm a Filipino and we have rice every meal
-reach 155-160 lbs first by doing cardio? / lift weight and cardio to lower body fat?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Did you read the FAQ thread- you know, the one at the top of the page that says "read before posting"? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Your longest commitment to the gym was 3 months yet you want to attain your dream body "right now". It doesn't work like that.

Read the FAQ threads and learn what kind of calories/macros you need for your goals and find a routine you can stick to for longer than 3 months.
Post 3 IP   flag post
West165 private msg quote post Address this user
You need to decide whether you want to pack on muscle first or lose the fat first. If you want to pack on muscle, eat 200-300 calories above maintanance, and if you want to lose the fat, 200-300 calories below. It is very difficult to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Sounds like you're pretty motivated, but you need to stick to it a hell of a lot longer than 3 months.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Did you read the FAQ thread- you know, the one at the top of the page that says "read before posting"? -3X

Nope sorry just made this acct today. Where can I see the faq's?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Your longest commitment to the gym was 3 months yet you want to attain your dream body "right now". It doesn't work like that.

Read the FAQ threads and learn what kind of calories/macros you need for your goals and find a routine you can stick to for longer than 3 months.

I know I wouldnt attain it in just 3 months. Thanks for the encouragement!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by West165
You need to decide whether you want to pack on muscle first or lose the fat first. If you want to pack on muscle, eat 200-300 calories above maintanance, and if you want to lose the fat, 200-300 calories below. It is very difficult to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Sounds like you're pretty motivated, but you need to stick to it a hell of a lot longer than 3 months.

Will do better than 3 months. Hopefully I'll be able to commit if I do see better results. Also, I cant decide if I should lose the fat first. I dont really have a problem on gaining muscles so do you think it would be better to lose weight first?
Post 7 IP   flag post
zach216 private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have a solid muscle base now?
I had the issue where I wanted to lose fat but didn't have Good mass to lose fat into.

So it may be better to gain muscle and deal with the fat for a few months then when you think you've gained enough size, then cut
Post 8 IP   flag post
340750 8 8
destitute