Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Home GymSplit Advice

Vacation Gym Blues17937

jostrosky private msg quote post Address this user
Okay here is my dilemma. My wife is a big runner and we are going to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks and she is running in a couple of Half Marathons over there and of course vacationing. So we are going to be out west for a couple of weeks and banking on not having access to a gym at all. I mean i do have a LA Fitness membership so that when i do travel i have access to a gym, but dont think any will be around.

My question is my current routine i plan on doing up till then and using a TRX and bands and deload for those weeks. I was curious if anyone had thoughts on this. I guess more of a calisthenic routine until i get back.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
It's vacation enjoy it. I'm sure your hotel(if staying in one) gym will have dumb bells that go up to 20lb so you can do some insanely high rep work to get a pump. Still a workout just not nearly as optimal as it could be.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX that is the thing we are staying in cabins and wanted to be able to stay active and not completely be lazy. My plan was to stretch, yoga, maybe a P90x workout, TRX. Higher reps but muscles will be sore as fuck because not use to the volume.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
@jostrosky I feel you on your dilemma, but you're going to be just fine. You'll experience a bit of neural detraining when you get back from your vacation, which will be noticable on your strength, but it'll come back pretty quick. For me personally, its usually back to normal within 2-4 weeks. Also, if your nutrition is just remotely sound, you're pretty unlikely to experience significant muscle loss, if any at all.

Hope you'll have a good time, and experimenting with slightly different kinds of exercise can do your body great too!
Post 4 IP   flag post
emmyweird84 private msg quote post Address this user
@jostrosky ....I'll be having the same problem next week. It's Yellowstone, but it will be a week long camping trip with lots of kayaking. The idea I had was to do mostly body weight HIIT stuff. But I think you have a pretty good idea for the environment you'll be in, and there's nothing like hitting the trails, especially where you're going! Hope you have an awesome time!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
It really won't hinder your progress. A little vacation while you're still staying active will be fine. Even if you took off from the gym, a week off never hurt anybody, if anything it could possibly be beneficial. It's vacation, enjoy it. Don't sweat the small things.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@emmyweird84 That's my plan. I am on a program that will lead me up to the vacation and I was going to bring my TRX and bands for a deload week and mostly do HIIT and calisthenic stuff.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the feedback
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
Push ups and sheet cardio
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Thatguy81 can you inform me of what sheet cardio is? Not familiar or might know but never heard it call that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user

Does this help clear it up? -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

Does this help clear it up? -3X

"And after the incident, of which we do not speak, Anthony requested to be put in isolation."
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I don't know about "Anthony," but that's gonna be a Chiquita in my shower! -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ha! Sheet cardio.... lol never a dull moment on this site!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
I don't know about "Anthony," but that's gonna be a Chiquita in my shower! -3X

Here are some prison Chiquitas for you
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Was thinking more like this:

-3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Hamb0 LMAO! eknight would be all over that!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
340609 18 18
destitute