Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
moke912 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone , I like the sticky threads it was very helpful but I have a question

when you say get stronger ! if your nutrition was good (calorie surplus , enough proteins , and carbs ) you will build muscle .

1. you can get stronger in the calorie maintenance ?
2. is getting stronger related to the rep range ? I mean you can get stronger in the 8-12 rep range and also you can get stronger 1-5 rep range , so what range you are talking when you say you have to get stronger to build muscle !?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
1: You can get stronger while being in maintenance yea. This is, however, much more likely to be because of neural adaptations than muscular. Neural adaptations, in terms of power output, also stalls out much earlier than muscular adaptations do.

2: Getting stronger in the 1-5 rep range, will also affect your 8-12 rep range. But specificity of training will always take priority in the outcome it gives. This means that training the 8-12 rep range will benefit your 8-12 rep max more, than training in the 1-5 rep range, and vice versa.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks , but for the second question I mean that what rep range should I get stronger in , if I want to build muscle !
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
All rep ranges increase strength and build muscle, but to varying degrees
Post 4 IP   flag post
Ok , thank you !
Post 5 IP   flag post
340764 5 5
destitute