Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingProgress PicsTeenTraining Programs

One Month Cut... Good idea? Input needed17883

CaptainKanter private msg quote post Address this user
So I have been bulking since about last year, when I first started lifting. I am pleased to say I stared at 133 lbs and am now at 151 lbs. I am going on vacation in about 6 weeks and would love to look fairly shredded and be able to be a bit carefree with my diet. I am thinking about starting about starting a cut right now for about a month just to get myself back under 10% BF. Does anyone have opinions or thoughts on this? I think I only have about 3-4lbs that to go this. This picture was taken at my current status.

Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
I vote to continue bulking. One month of cutting does not seem to be very beneficial.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
By normal standards you are already pretty lean. If you were to look "shredded", from cutting from this, i'd imagine you'd approach more of a DYEL kind of look.

I mean, you have visible obliques, weigh 151 lbs and you want to cut?!
Post 3 IP   flag post
CaptainKanter private msg quote post Address this user
Ok, thanks for the input I wasnt sure how to proceed. Ive felt like I've put on a bit of fat. But I guess I'll keep bulking!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gaining almost 20 pounds from where you started, to the weight you are now, yes some of it is probably fat. But in all honesty, and i'm saying this as someone who has gone through the same process of (skewed) thinking as you do now; if you want to look "good" for your vacation, 9/10 chicks prefer the bodyfat you are at now, rather than the shredded'ish look.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Obviously i base this on the fact that in my past 10 lives, in which i was a girl every time, i only fancied shredded dudes in one occasion
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamb0 Everything you said was on point. 151 with visible obliques means it's time to bulk. Girls would rather have some decent abs showing with a big chest, arms, shoulders, etc., to hold on to rather than just have more visible abs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Niclas private msg quote post Address this user
Go on a leanbulk and focus on your shoulders / chest
Post 8 IP   flag post
alexmeister private msg quote post Address this user
no brah...bulk lean mass 4 a month and then start cutting! and train your legs its your half body!
Post 9 IP   flag post
340617 9 9
destitute