Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
Do EZ curl bar have other function than avoiding aching elbow joints?
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Keeps morons from using the Olympic bar in the squat rack for curls. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks eknight for your input.
Post 3 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Less stress on the wrists when curling, due to the curved bar angle.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Oh if we're going to give serious answers... Booooooring.

But correct. Less stress on the wrists, but also less emphasis on the biceps, because the forearms are more pronated (or less supinated, depending on your viewpoint) than with a straight bar. On the other hand, this allows greater focus on the brachialis. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
TIL: by biceps are lame because I do ez bar curls instead of straight bar. My wrists can barely even grip a straight bar for an extended amount of time especially at a semi narrow grip.

Does the same follow true for triceps? I remember reading that underhand vs overhand push downs for triceps have no different effect because the 'supination?' does not change the muscle involved. The emphasis to that article/reading was that you should just use whatever grip you can handle the most weight in order to be more efficient with your hypertrophy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Since the triceps do not cross the elbow joint, pronation/supination has no effect. If a barbell is hard to curl, use Dumbbells- especially incline bench dumbbells, which allow for a fuller stretch of the long head of the biceps. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks for answers.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340738 8 8
destitute