Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Static Contraction Training17823

Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
I do not why Static Contraction Training is dismissed. I train using its principles and having progressed in all exercises except bicep curls. The stuff they say seem logical.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You have already posted this.

Just because you can make gains doesn't mean you're making optimal gains. What part of that don't you get? -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Hambro, can you post a video of you doing these exercises.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

Just because you can make gains doesn't mean you're making optimal gains. What part of that don't you get? -3X

I have not posted this already.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight

I have not posted this already.

Really? Then what's being discussed in this thread by you: http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/17623/page/1/dl-and-s/

You ask so many questions, you can't even remember which ones you've already inquired about. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight You see, this thread wasn't actually a question. Totally different.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hamb0 private msg quote post Address this user
Progressively overloading a muscle, with adequate intensity (>~60% of 1RM) will stimulate growth, and it will grow if factors like nutrition and recovery is in check.

However, training and overloading the muscle through full range of motion, has been scientifically shown to stimulate more growth than partial range of motion. A static/isometric execution is most comparable to the latter; partial/no range of motion.

To bring just one (of quite a few) arguments against basing a whole training philosophy on training statically, Menno Henselmans says the following:

"In general, at long muscle lengths a muscle is under greater biomechanical stress (shorter moment arm, reduced cross-bridge formation and reduced force production per sarcomere)."
(https://bretcontreras.com/partial-vs-full-reps-or-both/)

As mechanical tension is one of the, if not the single most significant, drivers of hypertrophy, it'd be a bit silly to avoid performing an exercise in the part of range of motion that achieves the biggest amount of mech. tension.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340739 7 7
destitute