Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Progress UpdateSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Back 2 Basics...17811

tjfromthe6 private msg quote post Address this user
Just thought i'd share my current training plan with guys and as always hear some feedback and see what you guys are doing in the good ol' iron dungeon lol.

Barbell back squats
Barbell romanian dead lifts
One arm dumbbell flat bench presses
One arm dumbbell rows
One arm cable lateral raises
Overhand lat pull downs
One arm overhead cable extensions
One arm cable curls
Standing calve raises
Cable crunches

Notes
* I train Monday,Wednesday & Friday
* I perform 2 to 4 sets of 10 reps per exercise
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Why one arm dumbbell bench press? Why one arm lateral raises, why all this one arm work? Just read the Routine Design for Dummies sticked on the Forum Homepage
Post 2 IP   flag post
I've incorporated alot of unilateral exercises to fix muscular imbalances I have in those muscle groups. This program follows the same principles as eknight's routine design for dummies as far as movement patterns go.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's great but the people who are the biggest, strongest, most aesthetic, whatever you're going for aren't doing one arm dumbbell flat dumbbell press. Just stick to the basics.
Post 4 IP   flag post
7yuke7 private msg quote post Address this user
lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tonyc18 private msg quote post Address this user
You have a lot of cable work going on in there. Trying to understand what's your goal here?
Post 6 IP   flag post
My Left pec is larger than my right pec due to incorrect form on barbell bench pressing that’s why I’m performing one arm dumbbell bench presses currently to correct the muscle imbalance as for the other one arm work I've noticed that I’m stronger performing those lifts one arm at a time then with both arms which is why I’m choosing to stick with them for now and for cable work especially for one arm cable curls, one arm cable lateral raises, cable pull downs I believe are better than the free weights version of those exercises because of the constant resistance placed on the targeted muscle groups throughout the entire lift.
Post 7 IP   flag post
With regards to the cable work you will benefit more from free weights than cables because they are non-aided and you have to focus on balance and form. Also, the weight resistance remains constant whether it's cable or free weights.
Post 8 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfromthe6
cable pull downs I believe are better than the free weights version
What is the free weight version of cable pull-downs?
Post 9 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@RobotEars laying on your back pulling the weight over. Like a straight arm nose breaker if you can imagine it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@RobotEars the free weight version of cable pulldowns would be Pull ups.@Tonyc18 check out this video to get where I'm coming from.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I actually perform a lot of these routines but they are complimentary to my routines that use free weights. One body party should primarily be worked on with free weights to build strength, form and size. You throw in a cable routine after about 3 free weight routines on that particular body part. I also think you need to focus one to two body parts per session so you have a decent recovery period. Doing this same routine 3 days a week will get boring and will only get you but so far. But that's just my personal opinion.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLARSUPLEX
Like a straight arm nose breaker if you can imagine it.
I can imagine that and it looks stupid lol.

I think some people overlook things and just need to stick with basic compound movements with accessory work.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340630 13 13
destitute