Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BackLegsSquatsTeenTraining Programs

16 year old squatting 300 pounds17782

Yeezy_Boy private msg quote post Address this user
Hey i wanna know if I'm on a good fitness path. I started working out seriously in August. Been working out in school for about an hour and every other day. Either 1)Monday,Wednesday, and Friday or 2) Tuesday and Thursday. These schedules are 1,2,1,2,1,2 and so on. I stared off squatting 115 in August had never squatted in my life. Today Monday February 29,2016 I just squatted 300 pounds. I started benching 50 I am now on 160. My benching isn't going as quickly as I would like. I haven't power cleaned in about three weeks but I was around 170. Don't quite remember what I started with. Let me know if I'm doing ok or if I should go harder. And I don't take pre workout or protein shakes. Should I start ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to SS and congrats on your gains.

You don't say how much you weigh but to build muscle you need to be on a calorie surplus. Protein shakes help people achieve a calorie surplus. That's the primary reason to drink them.

Pre workout is essentially caffeine... probably not necessary for a teen. If you have to spend money, BCAAs add "flavor" to water you drink during your workout and might offer some small benefits in terms of muscle building.

I'm not sure about creatine's effect on teens --- might not be necessary --- but creatine is cheap and effective.

What split are you running?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Supplements like protein and preworkouts aren't necessary, they just have their place if you find them convenient. Check out the FAQ thread on the forum, it has a lot of good info that will probably answer some of your questions.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Don't spend money on Yeezys.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@ErickFromOmaha the ultimate squat shoe tho
Post 5 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Ye would be proud
Post 6 IP   flag post
340762 6 6
destitute