Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Machines and cables17774

csizemore21 private msg quote post Address this user
I cant really load my spine atm so iv been using just machines and cables and im seriously getting wayyyy better growth. Just wanted to throw this out for anyone who is against using anything but barbells or dumbells and may wanna try something new.
Post 1 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Cables are amazing for anything that would require less than 30lb dumb bells in my opinion. Constant tension on bicep/tricep/shoulder work is where it's at.

Machines, it totally depends on the angles that they are designed. I've found a few back machines that perfectly simulate a lat pulldown with God like contractions and others that just feel off.
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I love the Hammer Strength machines.
Post 3 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
I love the Hammer Strength machines.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
There's only one back machine I like, other than that I don't like the way machines feel. I feel like they control the movement too much...Maybe that's better, shit maybe I should start using machines, lol...
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Thatguy81 I love the low cable row with v-grip handle for back. That along with some pulldowns and the Hammer Strength Row machine and my back gets hit nicely.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah the ones iv mainly been using are hammer strength, and I really love the Rom on them. Even the behind the neck press hs feels good lol. Have any of you tried kneeling cable reverse flys?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@csizemore21 Ive done bent over reverse flys. Not sure what the kneeling part has to offer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX I have to have surgery so I can't really bend, but I found that when kneeling I could contract the rear delta alot harder
Post 9 IP   flag post
Interesting. Something i have started doing is one arm cable rear delts. But get an incline bench set up to 90* that you can smash your chest into. Make sure to ????Pronate???? push your shoulder forward and keep your arm straight. Light light weight is enough to get a great pump and i know i am isolating the rear dealt because of the positioning. It really takes the traps and back out of the equation.
Post 10 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
ive built alot of muscle over the years from high volume training with heavy barbell/dbs and a ton of cables/machines
Post 11 IP   flag post
@SOLARSUPLEX I'll try it out like that next workout!

@the1 yeah I'm Def not against barbell and I love dumbells but I feel like so many people including myself rarely use machines or cables and clearly they all work lol. Your a good example of it too.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Planet Fitness has good machines and cable setups. Srs. That's all they have.
Post 13 IP   flag post
340764 13 13
destitute