Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTeen

What program to run?!17722

Illusional private msg quote post Address this user
Im 16 years old 168 lbs 5"9 and have been consistently training for about a year now. I've tried a couple of different training splits and types of training but want to get more into it now and train more smarter and better now. I was just curious on what routine or split I should do to both get strong but at the same time be aesthetic somewhat. I've been doing an upper lower but don't know if the program I'm doing is good at all
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Read this. Lots of useful info about diet and training programs.

Come back with questions if you need to.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
Read this. Lots of useful info about diet and training programs.

Come back with questions if you need to.
What would you consider an intermediate? I feel like I'm not a beginner for my age strength and knowledge I have in the lifts so would any intermediate program do fine?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
What is your current 1RM for bench, squat, and deadlift? Your answer will be used to determine if you're intermediate or not. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Curious what you would set as the upper limits for being beginner?
Post 5 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX I lifted for 4 years in high school, and a year or two in college. Looking back I would have considered myself a beginner with all hat "experience" because it was based off of poor knowledge.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
What is your current 1RM for bench, squat, and deadlift? Your answer will be used to determine if you're intermediate or not. -3X
225 bench 350 squat and dl around 375
Post 7 IP   flag post
The thing is even if I'm a beginner that push pull legs routine on the thread you gave me doesn't look too bad, my main goal is obviously a strong relative strength for my weight but to be pretty lean and muscular as well. I have been training in a heavy and Hypertropy split where I divide the week up and have 2 of each, I am currently doing phat just with a few changes but with the upper lower I feel like I can't get strong at every lift at a similar rate. Even if you do consider be as a beginner I don't see myself doing any of those forum favorite routines I've done them before but don't plan on it
Post 8 IP   flag post
340614 8 8
destitute