Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
MotivationSplit Advice

back on it!!! but not motivated at all17721

juanf122388 private msg quote post Address this user
So i have been back to working out pretty much wanting to build muscle and burn a lil fat currently am at 250lbs 5'9 in about 18% body fat i really am ashamed of my self i cant seem to find the motivation to start eating healthier or even get on a cardio machine for more than 10 minutes recently i went through a nervous break down anxiety attacks and really bad depression this was about 2 and a half months ago and well about 2 months ago my girlfriend broked up with me throwing my self steem and confidence to the ground now i just want to get back to working out and eating healthy i wanna become a new and better person not for anyone but for me i just really need a little push a little advice ifk if i am asking for too much i couldnt think of any one else to ask for since i have no friends that belives in me i know everyone starts somewhere but today i just want to learn to walk again any help will be really appreciated thanks in advance a
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like you still have depression issues my dude. Go on a nature walk and talk to a doctor about meds if you aren't already on something.

Stress and anxiety don't help with depression, YOU have to be the one to work with that. Somebody on the internet isn't going to be able to motivate you to get mental help, or push you to working out hard.
Post 2 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
I can't speak from similar experience, but I can speak from relatable experience. I would suggest pushing yourself to exercise (specifically cardio) and not to worry as much about diet, or anything else initially--it will fall in line. Even if you don't feel like it, bust out a 20-30 minute jog 3-4x the first week, and that alone may improve your outlook. Again, this is just me speaking from personal experience, but of all the quotes and memes on the internet, if one actually holds true:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks guys i did talk to a doctor and well the meds i was on did really nothing for me i feel better after working out but its just i don't have the motivation for cardio i never regret my workouts tho hell i feel way better after doing an hour a day just sometimes i feel like giving up
Post 4 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanf122388
i couldnt think of any one else to ask for since i have no friends that belives in me

Bro you came to the right place then... because I believe you can do it.

If you did it before you can do it again... you know from experience that it's not a sprint... just takes little bit of improvement each day. Baby steps add up over time.

One little thing that makes exercise a habit is to lay out my gym stuff the night before or change into it immediately after work. Sometimes a little nudge is all it takes.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks man really appreciate it ... its hard to keep on track when everyone around you pretty much puts you down all the time i do got a dream i wanna achieve i got no problems working out just my eating habits i start eating good for a few days then just forget about it
Post 6 IP   flag post
340614 6 6
destitute