Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Not sure what to do17703

max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Bump
Post 26 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@max12480 I've ran tonnes of different programs and loads of ppl variations but PERSONALLY more frequency and relative high volume is best for growth.
If ur only working out 3times a week. i'd squat 2-3times, deadlift 1-2 (Second being a variation at least) and bench 3times.. then fill accesories with plenty of back work.. fuck around with arms if u want with more emphasis on triceps.
Post 27 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@max12480 yes I think you're overthinking the "routine". Better to pick something that you can do consistently.

StrongLifts seems like the workload would be significantly less than other alternatives you posted... Not sure why you would switch unless you wanted something more advanced.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew
@max12480 yes I think you're overthinking the "routine". Better to pick something that you can do consistently.

StrongLifts seems like the workload would be significantly less than other alternatives you posted... Not sure why you would switch unless you wanted something more advanced.

its more of a mental thing. I just wasnt into the 3 times a week frequency full body style, i would of never known unless i tried though. i feel like i work harder when there is more of a split up of exercises
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
So it had nothing to do with your age or tendons? -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
So it had nothing to do with your age or tendons? -3X

yes that is why i dont go hard because i know i have to do the same thing again in a couple days
Post 31 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like you're complaining too much.
Post 32 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickFromOmaha

Tend to agree. Were you not into it or did you have tendon issues?

Seems like you're too concerned with your routine. There is no magical one. Pick something balanced and run it for a year without changing it. Profit. -3X
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickFromOmaha

Tend to agree. Were you not into it or did you have tendon issues?

Seems like you're too concerned with your routine. There is no magical one. Pick something balanced and run it for a year without changing it. Profit. -3X

to be honest with you i think thats why i am not into it, because it seems to wear on me more and then i dont put full effort into it. i am going to to an upper lower so it gives me more time in between workouts
Post 34 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@max12480 I think you don't like Stronglifts because it's pretty much the big 3 compound lifts and you don't put up big numbers. That's why i'd stick with Stronglifts. As your numbers go up, it'll get more fun. Trust me, I'm doing the Russian Squat Program now which is pretty boring, but at the same time it's great because every six weeks my numbers have been going up. Patience is key.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
@max12480 I think you don't like Stronglifts because it's pretty much the big 3 compound lifts and you don't put up big numbers. That's why i'd stick with Stronglifts. As your numbers go up, it'll get more fun. Trust me, I'm doing the Russian Squat Program now which is pretty boring, but at the same time it's great because every six weeks my numbers have been going up. Patience is key.

my numbers are going up, i wasnt completely week when i started. i am benching 225 for 5
Post 36 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see a problem if your numbers are going up
Post 37 IP   flag post
340764 37 12
destitute