Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Training LogTraining Programs

Guidance to reach my goal needed.17681

RichardWinter private msg quote post Address this user
Me right now (20 years old):
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/12628445_10153235331122461_6061700889365011262_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

My goal until July/August:
http://45.media.tumblr.com/40fdea4fd4a72c0e237c519f08b4c426/tumblr_n58iwfPAQ61rzoil5o4_250.gif

Hey guys, so I am a generally fit person with a weakness towards bad food. I've always played soccer so I do not need to focus on my legs at all, which is why I am focusing on upper body only.

At the moment I'm about 90ish kg and 1.93m tall. I think I'm at about 15-20% body fat, without being entirely sure.

Aesthetically my goal is to be at about the level you see in my goal photo. Which I guess for me would mean 95ish kg and 9% body fat or sth.

I work at a storage where I lift lots (about 1500 of 13kg average from the floor to 1.3m height) of heavy boxes for 8 hours a day which is sort of a workout.

I feel like I need more strength in my chest though as I am not able to do pushups easily. Anyhow, you can see my situation and my goal, any suggestions of how to train and what/how much to eat, maybe some supplements as well would be helpful. It has to be legal though as I play soccer in 3. Division so I don't want to ruin that.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Read the stickies and train your legs. Playing a sport is not the same as resistance training. Man up. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
RichardWinter private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight the only reason I'm saying that is that in comparison to the rest of my body my legs are way ahead. On the calf raise I usually do 3 sets of 12 reps with 120kg on and leg press the same amount with 180 kg on. On the other side I can't bench press much more than 40-50 kg 8x3. And stand up military press at about 30 kg... It's not that I'm lazy, I just feel like it should be more balanced.
Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Train your legs and upper body. You aren't big enough now, and won't be for many years to come to get to the point where you look awkwardly imbalanced.
Post 4 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Read the stickies and train your legs. Man up. -3X

I love when ek's subtle with people. 😂
Post 5 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
And is that Ragnar? Travis Fimmel is such a boss, can't wait for that WoW movie 🤓
Post 6 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
@RichardWinter Don't skip legs. I played football (soccer) during uni and I was working legs twice a week. Honestly, if anything, it improves your performance. Read the stickies, pick a program, figure out your diet. Be consistent
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Sweef Gif bro. But trust me train your legs too. Playing soccer is not the same. People will notice right away when someone has a big upper body and clearly neglects the other half
Post 8 IP   flag post
340630 8 8
destitute