Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingSplit Advice

Size comes with strength?????17666

max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the stupid question. I plan on staying on strong lifts, I know it's a strength program but will size come with it as long as I am eating right?
Post 1 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Show me Someone with no muscle who around squats 400, benches 300 and deadlifts 500.

Caloric surplus = Size,
not Program
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenpass
Show me a skinny guy who squats 400, benches 300 and deadlifts 500.

Caloric surplus = Size,
not Program

Good point

Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Don't expect any arm growth from strong lifts without adding direct work.I recommend icf 5x5, check it out, it's has additional accessory work after the 5x5 which I perfer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Don't expect any arm growth from strong lifts without adding direct work.I recommend icf 5x5, check it out, it's has additional accessory work after the 5x5 which I perfer.

Can I just add bi and triceps at the end of each day
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm 6'2" tall with long arms so it's hard to get big looking arms anyways. In the past when I lifted my chest and arms were the last thing to start getting big. Should I do arms at the end of every workout or on off days? And would it benefit me to do incline bench instead of oh press?
Post 6 IP   flag post
bump
Post 7 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Bump from an hour ago? Relax.
Post 8 IP   flag post
sorry patience isn't one of my greatest values lol
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
You just started strong lifts about a week ago. You need patience. If you could get huge and strong so quickly, everyone would be lifting. It takes patience. Quote:
Show me Someone with no muscle who around squats 400, benches 300 and deadlifts 500.

Caloric surplus = Size,
not Program

Just keep doing strong lifts, eat in a caloric surplus, and there you go. Simple as that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rawsteel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Don't expect any arm growth from strong lifts without adding direct work.

Ofcourse they will grow, barbell/pedlay row = elbow flexion and bench/ohp = elbow extension.
Triceps long head (the biggest) won't get much training in that program though, so if he want's a good pair of triceps he should add a tricepsextension, either performed standing/seated behind the head or lying with a full ROM (like this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by
The aim of this study was compare changes in upper body muscle strength and size in trained men performing resistance training (RT) programs involving multi-joint plus single-joint (MJ+SJ) or only multi-joint (MJ) exercises. Twenty young men with at least 2 years of experience in RT were randomized in 2 groups: MJ+SJ (n = 10; age, 27.7 ± 6.6 years) and MJ (n = 10; age, 29.4 ± 4.6 years). Both groups trained for 8 weeks following a linear periodization model. Measures of elbow flexors and extensors 1-repetition maximum (1RM), flexed arm circumference (FAC), and arm muscle circumference (AMC) were taken pre- and post-training period. Both groups significantly increased 1RM for elbow flexion (4.99% and 6.42% for MJ and MJ+SJ, respectively), extension (10.60% vs 9.79%, for MJ and MJ+SJ, respectively), FAC (1.72% vs 1.45%, for MJ and MJ+SJ, respectively), and AMC (1.33% vs 3.17% for MJ and MJ+SJ, respectively). Comparison between groups revealed no significant difference in any variable. In conclusion, 8 weeks of RT involving MJ or MJ+SJ resulted in similar alterations in muscle strength and size in trained participants. Therefore, the addition of SJ exercises to a RT program involving MJ exercises does not seem to promote additional benefits to trained men, suggesting MJ-only RT to be a time-efficient approach.

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/apnm-2015-0109#.VqkPFfnhCHs
Post 11 IP   flag post
340770 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute