Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Step lifts question17658

max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Can I swap oh press with incline bench to hit my chest more? I know incline hits your front delta some too. Or is that a bad idea
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't swap it out. You're on a beginners program. It is set up that way for a reason. Once you get to more advanced programs is when you can start changing things up (Ex: Westside, PPL, PHAT)
Post 2 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
I wouldn't swap it out. You're on a beginners program. It is set up that way for a reason. Once you get to more advanced programs is when you can start changing things up (Ex: Westside, PPL, PHAT)


how long should i stay on stronglifts or a beginner routine. i used to lift through out most my life i understand the lifts and everything. Just wondering when i should switch to like a upper/lower
Post 3 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Stick with a program like Strong Lifts until you stop adding weight week over week.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew
Stick with a program like Strong Lifts until you stop adding weight week over week.


This. If you keep making progress, adding weight week over week, there would be no need to change your program. Either way since you just started, you won't have to worry about that for awhile
Post 5 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
so its not for complete beginners then?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
It is. I'm just saying eventually you won't be a beginner anymore. You'll stick with this program and become more experienced with the lifts. Since stronglifts is a beginner program, you'll be able to add weight each week. Eventually you won't be able to add weight every week or so. That's when you should probably switch programs. But that won't be for awhile so as of now i'd just stick with the program and eat big.
Post 7 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
ok because i am not a complete beQuote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
It is. I'm just saying eventually you won't be a beginner anymore. You'll stick with this program and become more experienced with the lifts. Since stronglifts is a beginner program, you'll be able to add weight each week. Eventually you won't be able to add weight every week or so. That's when you should probably switch programs. But that won't be for awhile so as of now i'd just stick with the program and eat big.


ok because i am not a complete beginner, i am just getting back into things again
Post 8 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if I am a complete beginner since I lifted quite a bit for years and just getting back into things. Would that still make me a beginner?
Post 9 IP   flag post
340609 9 9
destitute