F2- inverted barbell curl: 4x8 120 sec
G- stannding dumbbell curls: 4x 21's 60 sec
H- Bicep stretch with heavy load 1x 60-90 sec

. rest of body is trained on tuesday and saturday with low volume work
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Around 80 sets per week for arms? Seems reasonable.

-3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Red97 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight ever heard of OVERREACHING and SUPERCOMPENSATING?
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Absolutely. What you have outlined is neither of those. Too much volume and done for too long. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
@eknight it is too much volume, thats why you take a week off from training arms upon completion or reduce your work load. of course, being on a calorie surplus will also be crucial to get the most out of specialized workouts
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Taking a week off or reducing the workload isn't going to matter. You can certainly achieve supercompensation with half of that volume. You're not taking into consideration the biceps and triceps work on your chest/shoulder/back work. For recreational lifters, general overreaching programs advise 3 weeks of increasing work capacity followed by a week off is sufficient. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
@eknight thats why you are greatly reducing the volume on back, shoulders and chest day. I made gains on training chest 3x a week during a month with the same amount of volume. and from what i know...arms recover even faster than chest, if you have a different perspective towards this workout then I understand you
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yes, because your pecs are the same size and have the same number of fibers. That's why we all curl just as much as we bench press, right?

You can't take the volume you use for one of your larger muscles and apply it to one of your smaller ones, rep for rep. -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
then tell me how is it that routines such as GVT, 8x8 and FST-7 work for muscle building? they have a lot of volume in them
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Really? They have 80 sets for arms? I've run GVT and as I recall I was doing 20 sets directly for arms per week (you know, since GVT is based on a 10x10 design?). -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
yes, but isnt there work accumulation in it from overall number of workouts done? been recently trying 8x8 full body workout with 2 days on and 2 days off for the last 3 weeks. feel I gained muscle mass and loving it. how is that too much volume or overtraining then?
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
If you're following one of the workouts you listed above, no, there's not an accumulation of stress from total number of workouts done. That's not how the body reacts to stress. Consider this- a guy who weighs 150 pounds suddenly gains 150 more. After a year of being 300 pounds he's that fat guy we all see and envy his lower legs because his calves look like softballs from carrying all that weight around. You don't really believe that his calves will confine growing and outsize his thighs after 5 more years at that weight, simply because of an accumulation of workouts do you?

Regarding your current workout, you're not doing 80 sets for arms per week. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
@eknight well, lets just agree to disagree then? I tried workouts like these with the same training frequency and intensity. they worked for me, thats why I posted this one. If you dont like it then dont follow it. just trying to help and share my views
Post 13 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Around 80 sets per week for arms? Seems reasonable.

-3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
@hghani13 do you have evidence that shows this workout is bro science and isnt effective, maybe give it a try before judging pal
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Do you have evidence that it is effective? Real, peer-reviewed evidence that indicates more than 80 sets for arms per week is optimal, even as an overreach? Maybe do your research before judging pal. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
@eknight I have, not here in america though. guy added an inch 2 weeks upon completion of workout. Natty he is
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
That's not research. It's heresay. Provide some evidence of this guy. Otherwise, I counter your statement by saying I know 57 guys- right here in America- who tried that workout and actual died. They died. Right after completing it. Out of the blue. Bam. Dead. Worst part? No gains. They lost size on the their arms. -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
@eknight thats also heresay. whats with your hate towards high volume workouts? the more you train, the more you eat and the more you sleep...the more you get out from your workouts.
Post 19 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Worst part? No gains. They lost size on the their arms. -3X

What? Fuck that workout!
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red97
@eknight thats also heresay. whats with your hate towards high volume workouts? the more you train, the more you eat and the more you sleep...the more you get out from your workouts.

This is where you're incorrect. Natural athletes reach a ceiling in muscle protein synthesis, and that's as much growth as you're going to get. Adding more volume isn't going to increase that. Once you've topped out MPS, you're done. And it remains elevated for 48-72 hours, irrespective of rest or nutrition. It's 100% complete and utter BS broscience to state that "the more you train, the more you'll get from your workouts." -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
@eknight I agree with that, however, most of us havent reached their maximum muscle protein synthesis capacity. we have to take that into account
Post 22 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Wtf are you talking about? This is not only incorrect, it doesn't even make sense. MPS isn't like genetic potential. It doesn't take years to achieve. You have no idea what you're talking about. At all. -3X
Post 23 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
@Red97 If I may make a suggestion... you've mentioned that you're here to learn and share information. I'd advise holding off on the latter until you've done a substantial amount of the former. No one's specifically out to shit on your ideas, but if you're spewing nonsense, it's going to get shot down by those with far greater expertise simply to preserve the integrity of information provided on this forum.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Blackbasara private msg quote post Address this user

Too much volume has negative effective on your training. You build volume by building your work capacity. I suggest you OP check out greg nuckols articles on this topic.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Blackbasara its an overreaching phase, just for a month. nobody expects people to train like this for months and make gains without stress accumulation and use of illegal substances. thanks anyway, ill check his articles
Post 26 IP   flag post
@RobotEars who says its nonsense? there is a difference between nonsense and a different methodology or approach proposed.
Post 27 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red97
@RobotEars who says its nonsense? there is a difference between nonsense and a different methodology or approach proposed.

Nonsense would be an improvement. Who is this cat preaching all
This trash. Go back to
Bodybuilding.com kid. You'll do great there.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@NorIda im doing great helping people structuring diet plans, workout routines, reaching their goals and winning 2 under-23 national physique titles(not to brag). how about you pal? this is how I use to train, if you dont like it then ignore or give feedback like the rest did. but dont come and shove shit at me without even knowing me
Post 29 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
You're the one shoving shit. This is complete and udder shit. Congrats on winning some shitty teenage physique title. You're a total badass brah.

I kill people. I rely on my training to save my life. Thus I use effective training, that of which I want to be optimal. Not some shitty 8 hour arm workout.

And I can tell that this is how you used to train. Your a skinny little twig. No gain made since the beginner gains faded.

Now if you want to make some real gains. And get swole like a man, not some preteen pregnant chick, step back from the keyboard and use the mouse to navigate your attention to the sticky pages and soak up some knowledge.
Post 30 IP   flag post
340621 66 30
destitute