Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Who has two thumbs and doesn't get sarcasm? THIS GUY!!! -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hambo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
^^I dunno. I'd say from the nipples down, they do. -3X

Please name which muscles are activated by squats and which are activated by deadlifts.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
No. No I will not. You ask so many questions that a simple google search will clarify. I'm putting the onus on you to educate yourself. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
It is not written on google as it is Static Contraction Training version I am seeking, a rather knew training method.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Training methodology isn't going to change which levers the body is using and which muscles are pulling those levers, as long as the ROM remains the same. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
The ROM is different in S.C.T.
Post 10 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Never understood convoluting such a simple yet satisfying activity. For fucks sake pick shit up, put it back down, make gains, and be happy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@Hambo There's no info on it because static contraction training is literally made up to sell during infomercials.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Why do I then make progress using the method.
Thanks.
Post 13 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
You're welcome.
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I can make progress using almost any routine. That's not the same as making optimal progress. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
What would you consider optimal progress
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Not using contraction training. It's basically a form of isometric training and the research and empirical evidence both demonstrate that any exercise performed at one joint angle has great impact at that joint angle with very little carryover to full range movements. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
Even if the carryover is not great, as a bodybuilder you are concerned with muscle size which S.C.T. gives. I am not sure I understood all that you wrote.
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Ok, try this- are you going to make better gains doing squats only halfway down or full ROM? -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
What is your opinion
Post 20 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'm asking for YOURS. You are the one who started a thread asking for info, and when I gave it to you, you said you didn't understand it, so I'm trying to make it understandable for you. Should I not bother? -3X
Post 21 IP   flag post
Please go ahead
Post 22 IP   flag post
I am logging out now.
Post 23 IP   flag post
blakeyt93 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Not using contraction training. It's basically a form of isometric training and the research and empirical evidence both demonstrate that any exercise performed at one joint angle has great impact at that joint angle with very little carryover to full range movements. -3X

Can you please explain this as simply as possible.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Isometric training leads to increased strength in the position that the joint is in, and a few degrees before and after that position, but that increase in strength is only there and does not carry over to the full range of motion. For example, if you bend your elbow to 90 degrees and perform an isometric contraction there, you will eventually gain strength at that exact position of the elbow and a few degrees around it- so you may have gotten stronger from 85 to 95 degrees of elbow flexion. You will NOT have increased strength through the entire range of motion of elbow flexion (0-145 degrees). You're also not increasing muscle size optimally because you're not working through that full range. In order to fully elicit a hypertrophic response, fibers must fully be stretched and contracted so they can work both concentrically and eccentrically. -3X
Post 26 IP   flag post
Static Contraction Training is not for example pushing against immoveable thus is not isometric.
Post 27 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Is this a fair definition of static contraction training?

Instead of trying to take a muscle group to failure through the use of repetitions, static contraction training teaches us to simply hold the maximum weight we can handle, in our strongest range of motion for a particular movement, for a maximum of 5-10 seconds, and not to perform any repetitions with that weight.

From http://www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/scni36a3.htm

You also understand that ANY contraction of a muscle that does not include joint movement (i.e., simply flexing a muscle and holding it or holding a weight overhead without moving it) is an isometric contraction, right? It doesn't have to be against an immoveable object- that's just one kind of isometric contraction. -3X
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Is this a fair definition of static contraction training?

Instead of trying to take a muscle group to failure through the use of repetitions, static contraction training teaches us to simply hold the maximum weight we can handle, in our strongest range of motion for a particular movement, for a maximum of 5-10 seconds, and not to perform any repetitions with that weight.

From http://www.brianmac.co.uk/articles/scni36a3.htm

You also understand that ANY contraction of a muscle that does not include joint movement (i.e., simply flexing a muscle and holding it or holding a weight overhead without moving it) is an isometric contraction, right? It doesn't have to be against an immoveable object- that's just one kind of isometric contraction. -3X

You get stronger when doing static contraction training because you progress, you become stronger at that point of movement. And thus you gain more muscle mass.
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I never said you didn't- I said it isn't optimal, because it's isometric training. Your last post proves that. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post
340614 58 30
destitute