Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit Advice

A few things before I start my journey17619

max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
With all the good advice I have gotten on here I am going to start strong lifts. It sounds like if I get stronger I will get bigger and that's my goal. Thank you guys so much for all your help and not being mean about it. Is there any suggestions or advice before o start? If not I will check back with updates.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
Strength is not directly correlated to hypertrophy, although the bigger your muscles are, the stronger they can be. I'd just remember that diet plays a vital role too, but it appears you've read the FAQ and know how you would gain weight, lose weight, or maintain weight.
Other than that I would just say make sure you're performing the exercises correctly and stay consistent. Other than that, congrats on starting strong lifts.
Post 2 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsn3004
Strength is not directly correlated to hypertrophy, although the bigger your muscles are, the stronger they can be. I'd just remember that diet plays a vital role too, but it appears you've read the FAQ and know how you would gain weight, lose weight, or maintain weight.
Other than that I would just say make sure you're performing the exercises correctly and stay consistent. Other than that, congrats on starting strong lifts.


thank you, isnt strength a biproduct of muscle size though? like the stronger i get i should gain some size if i am eating correctly right?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@max12480 you'll get stronger and bigger if you're eating correctly. You can get stronger without gaining weight, but you'll do both if you eat with that goal.

Just have fun and stay consistent. Consistency is the biggest factor in making gains imo.
Post 4 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
@max12480 you'll get stronger and bigger if you're eating correctly. You can get stronger without gaining weight, but you'll do both if you eat with that goal.

Just have fun and stay consistent. Consistency is the biggest factor in making gains imo.


thanks for your response. i really enjoy just doing the big lifts and not a whole bunch of diffferent exercises right now. I am 36 with kids and i dont have time to be in the gym 5 days a week, so i really like the 3 days, just hope it will get me to my goals
Post 5 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Pick shit up, set it down, eat good food and enjoy time with your family. The gains will come.
Post 6 IP   flag post
max12480 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Pick shit up, set it down, eat good food and enjoy time with your family. The gains will come.


thanks man, i really love all the motivation and positive feedback here. i will rest up and hit it hard Monday and i will check back with how my progress is going
Post 7 IP   flag post
340763 7 7
destitute