Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBackCuttingSplit Advice

Back and Arm Routine17600

HardBody private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone provide a good Back and Arm routine for me.

I know I'ma hit 2 exercises for biceps and triceps. Trying to figure out how to hit back and still have time for my heavy cardio seasion.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/16702/page/1/routine-design-for-dummies-10/

http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/page/1/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

The first link really helped me out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Heavy cardio? What does that mean.

BB ROW
Close grip neutral cable pull down
T bar row
One arm db row
Rear delt cable fly
Bb curl
Seated single arm be curl
Skull crushers
Cable push downs with v attachment

Pretty basic template. Sets and reps are dependent of your goals

Deadlift if you want
Post 3 IP   flag post
Athl3te private msg quote post Address this user
Back

Lat Pulldown 4x12
PullUps 4 sets until failure
Deadlift 4x8
BB Row 4x15

Arms
Bicep Curls 4x15
Hammer Curls 3x12
Triceps Extension 4x12
Skull Crushers 3x15
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^deadlifts are primarily a lower body movement, since they're hip and knee driven. Wouldn't include then in a back routine, as they do not actively extend or adduct the shoulder the way rows, chins, and lat pulls do. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
^ Deadlifts are the best exercises for lower BACK
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
So, you're going to include them in an otherwise entirely upper body day, when their focus is quads, glutes and hamstrings?

Better yet- would you do squats on back day? Because the literature suggests that heavy back squats activate lower back musculature the same as OR MORE than comparable deadlifts, which means deads are actually NOT the best exercise for lower back, nor do they belong on back day based on that idea. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
If they gave me a strong back I would , why not
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Because you already have a more appropriate day to do them on- leg day. Anyone with any basic understanding of functional anatomy will look at the movement of the body- which is the same as a squat- and realize that conventional deads are a lower body movement, just like straight-leg deads are a lower body movement. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
Then your lower back wont get a proper training.BTW Im deadlifting right now
Post 10 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athl3te
BTW Im deadlifting right now

Bahahahahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Ok dude. Seriously. Asking this as an absolutely serious completely honest question. How long have you been training and what formal education do you have in the field of exercise science or kinesiology? -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
HardBody private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight, is this directed towards me?
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@HardBody No sir. It's directed to the guy above you. -3X
Post 14 IP   flag post
The fact I am young does not mean anything. I have 4 years of real training and read quite a few books online about bodybuilding, plus I have learned a lot throughout my training. What about you by the way you are talking it seems like you have a Doctorates degree in both of those science.
Post 15 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I hold a BS in pre-med biology. I also hold a BA and MA in English with emphasis on research. I'm a licensed PTA, certified personal trainer, and certified sports nutritionist who has 15+ years of working with clients and patients in the gym, hospitals, and clinical outpatient settings.

I've competed as a bodybuilder and powerlifter, and have won 3 national titles across two weight classes that includes multiple documented 400+ pound bench presses at a body weight between 140-150 pounds in meets during my career.

So now that that's out of the way, let me clue you in- you have neither the knowledge, nor the experience to engage in a debate about training with me. Some of the worst, most misguided info regarding the human body that I've ever come across comes from "bodybuilding websites." You probably learned more incorrect info than correct info if those were your sources. Incorrect info like placing lower body movements on an upper body day. So, please, drop the attitude, learn from those who know more than you, and pick up a textbook for your knowledge, rather than BB.com. -3X
Post 16 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight I never fully understood why people do deadlifts on back day or upper body day when it is a hip extension movement targeting, quads, glutes, and hamstrings.

Can you partially blame websites like Bodybuilding and even SimplyShredded (Not the forum) for telling people deadlifts should be on back day? It's not like everyone has the time to look everything up and sometimes takes the word of people just because they have more credentials than they do.
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Possibly. But in Layne's write up on PHAT here, he advises to do them on lower power day. I don't really have an answer for why people do some of the things they do lol. -3X
Post 18 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight What is your opinion on rack pulls/deads for back work?
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
They're a bit of a different animal, since the knee and hip flexion is more limited. They're not bad, but my personal favorite lumbar exercise is reverse hypers. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
340609 20 20
destitute