Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Injury RecoveryKnee PainLegsSplit Advice

Training legs after acl surgery ????17599

BTB1690 private msg quote post Address this user
ive been out injured for 7 months having operations no been able to train, the last surgery I had done was acl surgery about 3 weeks ago. I've been back at the gym a week or so, I'm desperate to start training legs again but being told not to and stick with the physio stuff just now, the physio stuff is for your avarage bear tho, I don't feel any weekness in the knee until about 100kilo leg press, is there anybody here been in the same position ?? Could give me bit of advice on the situation, cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
@BTB1690.. I'm no expert, but if I were you. I will wait till i'm fully recovered. I know your itching to workout but look at the long run than jeopardizing everything because you think its ok already. If you injure yourself now, the more time your going to waste.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
This is the dumbest thing ever. Soft tissue takes min. 6 weeks to heal. Listen to your PT. You have no business in the gym right now. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yeah I suppose I'm going to have to,its frustrating as I responded well to surgery , I was walking on my own 2 days after the op,could do all the physio stuff pretty much right away with ease, I know to stay away from boxing trading just now but thought could maybe start the weights early to build up what used to be my quad muscle lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jsn3004 private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to put yourself at a high risk for injury, go ahead and workout 3 weeks after ACL surgery. Professional athletes take longer than 3 weeks, but i'm sure you're superior to them.

But seriously, don't do it. Think long term here.
Post 5 IP   flag post
kozzletoff private msg quote post Address this user
I was in the same boat as you after my ACL surgery and felt like I was progressing well and could speed up my recovery by moving on to more exercises at the gym.

But I decided not to be stupid so I just listened to my PT and followed his protocol. Yeah it sucked that it took so long to get my legs back to where they were before, but I did it without getting injured and causing more damage. Be smart.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I can tell you without a doubt I know how frustrating and long the rehab for a torn ACL can be. I have treated multiple patients going through it.

Know what's worse than an ACL reconstruction and rehab? An ACL reconstruction revision secondary to patient not following protocol. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nobody likes a smart Arse Jason mate ) but thanks anyway lads , I've not done any more weight training on it, just exercise bike and going on the leg press with 0 resistance just for movement, been out along time had lcl,mcl & pcl done previously got blood clots and stuff after it,been unable to train n got in shit state, just eager as fuck cause can start to see some light at the end of the tunnel, just be sticking to the upper body just need to do double leg days when get the green light again,next time I post I'll make sure it's something positive and decent lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
340763 8 8
destitute