Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

Train back day of or before massage?17593

SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
So I'm scheduled for a massage coming up and I'm trying to think what will feel the best in terms of training.

I could hit back and walk in there with a minor pump or I could just go volume city the day before and hope for some good DOMS. What do you guys think?

Clearly it's gonna be killer regardless. I'm just that 1% thinker.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Get a massage after as in a day after. After I kill any muscle it's sore af and sometime massages just don't feel good right after.
Post 2 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@SOLARSUPLEX Depends on where ur getting the work done.

For example if ur getting work on ur legs leave legs until the day after so u can flush out the system.
Thats the advice my physio always gives me.

In terms of training ur best off being loose as possible going into the session.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
I like getting one the day after a workout, especially after back day because that's where I'm the tightest. if you're super sore though, definitely stretch a bit so you're not so tender when she puts her loving hands on your swole back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
silverisshredded private msg quote post Address this user
I had my worst massage ever one day after back and traps. Being sore and getting massage is unpleasant experience. I would go for the day before or 2 days after. Something I haven't tried is right after the session. If you do it share the results
Post 5 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
I usually have my massages on Friday right after my press/upper day workout and a day after Lower day. For me this is great, as it seems to be Easy for her to work out some knots I get. Follow that up with a visit to the chiropractor right after its heaven on Fridays !
Post 6 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I would do it after. I was pretty beat up the first day after my massage
Post 7 IP   flag post
340762 7 7
destitute