Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBackChestSplit Advice

Back and Biceps or Back and Triceps?17557

Mr_Muscle2016 private msg quote post Address this user
As the title says, which one is better?

I do chest/biceps on monday and back/triceps on wednesday, i have tried the chest/triceps and back/biceps before but when i'm done with back, i'm too tired to workout my biceps and i lift shitty weight which is pretty embarrasing, same with chest/triceps.

What do you guys think? Does it matter if i change the formula to back/triceps and chest/biceps?

I workout each body part once a week.
Post 1 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
If you trained twice a week, maybe you would make twice the gains?

But that’s none of my business...bro.
Post 2 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, I never addressed your initial question… back and biceps or back and triceps. The reason chest/tris and back/bis are often paired together is the push/pull concept. If your bis are shot after back, it’s because they’re accessory muscles in most of your back movements… so that’s kind of the idea. Anyhow, I’m willing to bet whatever once a week bro-split you’re currently on isn’t optimal—I’ve been there.

Next, I’m going to faq you. It’s not going to be as bad as it sounds, I promise. Yes, it might hurt a little… but only your ego when you realize you’ve been going about it wrong.

Please check out the faq:★ Simply Shredded FAQ - Read before posting!

You’ll find lots of info regarding splits and routines that most folks around here utilize and/or recommend.
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
As asked in your other thread, why are you only training each body part once a week? Are you consciously trying to sabotage your gains? -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Muscle2016
As the title says, which one is better?

I do chest/biceps on monday and back/triceps on wednesday, i have tried the chest/triceps and back/biceps before but when i'm done with back, i'm too tired to workout my biceps and i lift shitty weight which is pretty embarrasing, same with chest/triceps.

What do you guys think? Does it matter if i change the formula to back/triceps and chest/biceps?

I workout each body part once a week.

There is no such thing as lifting embarrassing weight when training biceps. What's embarrassing is dudes throwing around way too much weight because they don't leave their ego at the door.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mr_Muscle2016 private msg quote post Address this user
@Beans so what do you think? Biceps/back or biceps/chest?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Anik private msg quote post Address this user
Back and Chest
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@Mr_Muscle2016 I prefer back/bis.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340732 8 8
destitute