Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsSplit Advice

Best Triceps Exercises17554

Mr_Muscle2016 private msg quote post Address this user
What's up guys, in your opinion what are the best triceps exercises to put on your routine for big tricep muscles?

I am currently doing:
-dips
-close bar grip
-skull crushers
-rope pulldown
-overhead tricep extensions

I do 3 sets of 7/9 reps on every exercise.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
15 sets for just triceps?!?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
^^ that's what I thought too. Wouldn't include close grip bench in my list of best exercises, and would do the dips between two benches, as opposed to parallel bar dips. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenpass
15 sets for just triceps?!?

Is that too much? I workout every muscle group just once a week.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I would say your set-up is not optimal. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
Blackbasara private msg quote post Address this user
Way too many tricep exercises keep in mind about push:pull ratio, for general strength i would either add closegrip or dips. You can also rotate them week to week for extensions two triceps are enough.
Post 6 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
While we're on the subject...skullcrushers wreck my elbows, yet I continue to do them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
I do this mostly

but with more rom towards the floor

then I do kickbacks lying on my belly on a bench, with both hands at the same time
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Blackbasara i've been reading in many bodybuilding websites that 3-4 exercises per muscle group is better for muscle building, since i only workout triceps once a week i do 5 exercises
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Why are you only training each body part once a week? Are you consciously trying to sabotage your gains? -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Muscle2016
@Blackbasara i've been reading in many bodybuilding websites that 3-4 exercises per muscle group is better for muscle building, since i only workout triceps once a week i do 5 exercises

Bro, higher frequency, slightly lower/lower volume per bodypart. MPS doesn't last an entire week.
Post 11 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
^^ that's what I thought too. Wouldn't include close grip bench in my list of best exercises, and would do the dips between two benches, as opposed to parallel bar dips. -3X

Not disagreeing or agreeing. Why? @eknight
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
CGBP and parallel bar dips, because of the position of the humerus relative to the scapula, do not adequately recruit fibers of the long head the same way dips behind the back or any triceps extension movements would. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
@eknight i've been out for a whole month and i just got back with a big strenght loss, besides, this workout plan has given me great results. I've gotten big of muscle not fat.

Monday- chest/biceps
Tuesday-shoulders,traps and forearms
Thursday-back and triceps
Friday-legs and abs.
Wednesday,saturday and sunday i rest.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@darklight79 i do 3 sets of 7-9 reps per each exercise which are 4/5 exercises per muscle group once a week. Tell me your routine please.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Blackbasara private msg quote post Address this user
Check out one of sticky threads by Eknight Routine design by dummies. You can follow general guideline with good ratio deisgn P/P/L routine and get best bang for your bucks. For a beginner everything works but doing just your routine sounds like typical bro-lifting which will only give you sub-optimal results. It's better to follow periodization program.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@Mr_Muscle2016 just because you're getting "good" results with what you're doing doesn't mean you couldn't be getting better results. Why do so many people make that mistake? -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
@eknight what about you, any advice on a "better" triceps routine?
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yes. There's a whole thread on it. @Blackbasara pointed you in that direction already. -3X
Post 19 IP   flag post
340762 19 19
destitute