Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceTraining Programs

trying to figure out what split is best17512

HardBody private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to this forum stuff.

My question is what split is better for muscle growth and getting body fat down.

Push/Pull/Legs(doing it 5 days a week)
Or

Chest/Biceps; Back/Traps; Legs/Abs; Shoulders/Triceps

Or

Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms(Abs Everyday)5 day split or should it be a 4 day split

I find myself not happy and wanting more. Someone told me to be taken seriously as a all natural bodybuilder I need to do 4 days on 1 day off or 5 days a week.

What's your guys opinion.

(I do not tolerate disrespect so I would appreciate positive feedback or no feedback)
Post 1 IP   flag post
hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user
For 4 days a week do upper/lower
For 5 days a week, PHAT is good. A rotating push/pull/legs works well too
Post 2 IP   flag post
HardBody private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT? Never heard of it.
I'm trying to figure out how I'm a hit abs in this push pull legs
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liftamusprime private msg quote post Address this user
The most important factor for muscle growth and body fat levels is diet..so look at the FAQ section on macros etc. If you want to lower body fat, eat in a slight defect. If you want to gain muscle, eat in a surplus.

Depending on what level you are at with lifting..I would suggest looking at the routine design thread also. A basic upper/ lower split can work wonders. But higher weekly frequency is usually recommend..so a P/P/L split with a good set up would work.

Also stick to a split you enjoy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBody

(I do not tolerate disrespect so I would appreciate positive feedback or no feedback)

Anyone else read this and think, "hmm... Might not be the right forum for this guy..."? -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
darklight79 private msg quote post Address this user
@HardBody Higher frequency per bodypart training, relatively lower volume per session (meaning) seems to be the optimal way for MOST unenhanced trainees. Good starter/intermediate programs in the stickies.
Post 6 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

Anyone else read this and think, "hmm... Might not be the right forum for this guy..."? -3X

I loled. +1
Post 7 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

Could possibly be why there are so few responses?

@Op. Get your ass in the gym and pick shit up. Set it down. And pick it up again.

If you want to go 5 days a week, do a 5 day split. If you want to go 4 days, make a 4 day split.

However, whatever you do, absolutely do not stray off the routine you pick. We wouldn't want you to do 5 days one week, and 4 days the following week. That would no be acceptable.

Quit over thinking it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Most important thing is consistency a.k.a. adherence so pick something and stick with it.

Screen cap from the Eric Helms video:

I'd also make sure you choose a split designed by a pro like PHAT or one of the threads mentioned in the Stickies.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340752 9 9
destitute