Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Layne NortonSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Opinions on PH317491

Assie321 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey shredders,

I would like to know your guys opinion on the new PH3 routine created by Layne Norton. I ask this because when I look into this routine there seem to be quiet a bit of flaws in it that are discussed in the stickies here.

Things that I mean are a way of Push:Pull ratio literally like 2:1 more sets for arms then for back and rear delt, a hamstring quad ratio that is off, more sets for biceps than tricep and the addition of leg extension.

He does state on the site that you shouldn't alter the routine and that he has done the thinking for us. Would it be wise to follow the routine as written considering all this or should you alter it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking at the article on bb.com and it list upper body hypertrophy in one day and upper body accessories on another. I suppose you could fit in alot of pulling in there. I don't see arm exorcises layed out in, so I'm not sure we're looking at the same thing.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
I'm looking at the article on bb.com and it list upper body hypertrophy in one day and upper body accessories on another. I suppose you could fit in alot of pulling in there. I don't see arm exorcises layed out in, so I'm not sure we're looking at the same thing.

Thanks for the reply I guess we are looking at different ones as the one I found gotta hell lot of arm work! Here's the link. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ph3-layne-norton-power-and-hypertrophy-trainer-day-8.html
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Ah ok, I wasn't navigating the pages properly. I dunno. Layne Norton is strong as hell, and I wouldn't claim to know nearly as much as him about working out. If I were to run the routine, though, I would probably tweak it slightly to get a bit more ham work and more pulling. For example, there are days with 3 sets for arms exercises and 2 for back ones. I would probably just reverse that. It's only a 13 week program so it's not like you'll fall apart running it as is.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Beans yeah I was thinking the same thing but am curious about some opinions about it. Also because if I run it I would like to do so for mutilple cycles.
Post 5 IP   flag post
340734 5 5
destitute