Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingPower LiftingSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Stronglifts or Upper/lower17452

FL4T private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I've stopped lifting for two years and I gained alot of weigth.
I want to get back In the game and I can't decide between an upper lower or stronglifts .
What are your opinions ?
My mainfocus is to lose weigth and get my strength and muscle back.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liftamusprime private msg quote post Address this user
Do what you find more enjoyable. But I always find you can't go wrong with an upper/ lower routine.

I've been following the one suggested in "routine design for dummies" at the top of the forum for the past 5 months and I've noticed amazing results.

Have a look in that thread then look into the FAQ to get a better understanding of nutrition to meet your goals.
Post 2 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4T
Hi,
I've stopped lifting for two years and I gained alot of weigth.
I want to get back In the game and I can't decide between an upper lower or stronglifts .
What are your opinions ?
My mainfocus is to lose weigth and get my strength and muscle back.

Im currently running icf 5x5, its 5x5 with more accessories, and for the past 2 months I am loving it, and I've gained strength and muscle along with it. Only downside is you have to eat well and in a surplus and have your sleep in check or it'll kill you from the volume.

But like the above poster said, you have to enjoy doing it. What are your lifts?
Post 3 IP   flag post
FL4T private msg quote post Address this user
I've read the FAQ and the post for dummies, I'm used to lift, track macros, etc.
I prefer upper lower without doubt but I'm pretty weak rigth now, my lifts are really low, that's why I'm thinging on SL, even If I don't like it that much, it will be more efficient!?
Post 4 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
@FL4T
I would go with SL5x5. It's simple and foolproof with the app. It starts off easy but when you get near your limits it really gets challenging. Make sure your diet is right though as you will be increasing weight/work load every day so you need to make sure you're not compromising your workouts with a crappy diet...that actually applies for all times
Post 5 IP   flag post
340752 5 5
destitute