Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Push Pull LegsSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Good P/P/L17445

hghani13 private msg quote post Address this user

Pretty good and balanced P/P/L routine I found online so I thought I'd share with the members of this forum.

Credits: www.kingofthegym.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
@eknight What do you think of this PPL for someone looking for both strength and size gains? What changes, if any, would you make to this?

I don't do dumbbell shoulder presses and subbed dips for incline press. And do 3 sets of everything else.

I run it as PPL/PP/LPP/LP.... (Gym is closed on Fridays)

Stats:

BW: 79 kg
Bench: 190lbs (1RM)
Squats: 275lbs (1RM) Maxes tested at 72kg BW
Deadlifts: 365lbs (1RM)

I know I posted the workout in the first place, and it's working well for me in terms of progression, but a second opinion is always helpful
Post 2 IP   flag post
haole private msg quote post Address this user
I do a PPL routine and sometimes I like to just change up the order of my routine. Especially on Pull days, like if you normally do weighted pullups and bent over rows before DB rows then your DB rows are going to be hard to do. I like to do my biggest lifts first but some days you could switch up weighted pullups and BB rows just to hit BB rows harder than normal...not a big deal but just something I do
Post 3 IP   flag post
@haole yeah I know what you mean. Even I'm doing lat pull downs in the 8-12 rep range and more rows in the 5 rep range
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Leg day is balanced. Upper days have too much push and not enough pull. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
@eknight even without the 'dumbbell shoulder press' on push day?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I'd bump the sets of back work up one set each. Deadlifts are a hip and knee driven movement, not shoulder, so I don't count those toward shoulder balance. IMO, they really belong on lower body days, but that's another story altogether. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
@eknight Thanks for the advice. Yeah I don't think I've ever done deadlifts on a back day.
Post 8 IP   flag post
RobotEars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hghani13
don't think I've ever done deadlifts on a back day.

I have. Stemmed from bro-science, I'm sure
Post 9 IP   flag post
340616 9 9
destitute