Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Who here would compete in strong man?

At my gym many people compete in it and we have all the strong man stuff (yoke, hummer tires, stones, the things you hold with weights and walk with them, kegs, much more) but I think it's the dumbest shit I have ever seen. My closest gym friends train for that shit and I tell them it's wack but they want me to try it out... I do however respect them and the sport.. I would def do the yoke because I feel it would help squats and what ever the things you hold and walk with because it would help grip on deads and light up traps. But other than that in my eyes lame, lame, lame and looks like snap city. Especially stones.

Discuss strong man-
Post 1 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
Haha you say it's the dumbest shit, but that you respect them and the sport.

I love watching WSM. If I had that equipment, or access to it, I would love to train that way. I think you should give it a shot after your next meet. You'd probably be good at it and maybe it will help propel your training to the next level.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Haha yah man it's lame as fuck but I respect the amount of effort and work I see them put into it.

Yah I could see you doing it. You have the height lol I'm short... But I def plan on adding in the sled, yoke, and Weight walk thing whatever the fuck, lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Rand private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to try it out. I would have to get all the stuff though there is no strongman gym around here.

I think it looks fun as heck.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
My gym has it all to. Actually theres one pro training from time to time it's a fucking 300# beast. I can enjoy watching WSM but I would not pracyice the sport. My gen would be the shitiest to have for this sport. 5'6" 164# 😂
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMB
My gym has it all to. Actually theres one pro training from time to time it's a fucking 300# beast. I can enjoy watching WSM but I would not pracyice the sport. My gen would be the shitiest to have for this sport. 5'6" 164# 😂

Haha I agree man. Watching it is pretty entertaining even though it looks like snap city and I am 5'7 lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Powerlifting is more of a personal thing. You're really only competing against yourself... Until it's for world records lol but strong man seems more competitive man vs man
Post 7 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to try it but you know I can't break a nail because I would hate to trip on my pussy lips while competing in phagsique.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
I would love to try it but you know I can't break a nail because I would hate to trip on my pussy lips while competing in phagsique.

HAHAHAHAHAH. Bro you're awesome
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks painful to me. Watched one guy get folded in half by a ball that weighted as much as a stripper in NC, wasn't pretty...
Post 10 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
See, I'm adding some in this off season, just for a fun way if getting the heart going, mainly going to be farmers walks, yokes & sleds, maybe with dome log work as a variation fir shoulders, but the other stuff, to me at least, seems too prone to inure and I don't want to risk putting myself out of my main sport.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340624 11 11
destitute