Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessSplit Advice

Calling for help, need study links!!17363

Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife is so hooked on bullshit it's not even funny! Girls get huge from lifting no matter if diet and shit like that, links please, need science here guys!! @eknight, I know you have lots of solid CORRECT info, help please!!
She LOVES to read btw...
Post 1 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
I don't even know what you're asking....
Post 2 IP   flag post
That's fair, she thinks she's an A type(mesomorohe) I believe, she thinks that all she needs to do is lift heavy weight and she'll look like a roid monster. I tried telling her it comes down to cals in vs cals out but she thinks different body types require different diets. For example what I said above, am I making sense? I may be having a hard time passing the info correctly, but hopefully you guys get what I'm saying...
Post 3 IP   flag post
She thinks protein only builds muscle for "certain" body types...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
Women do not posess the Test to become bodybuilding sized females. They all are on roids. DLB is most likely on something and even she is viewed as too manly to some. Have her look at ewa januszkiewicz for an example of an attractive female power lifter. There are so many females who lift for a figure lifestyle its retarded. Lauren Drain, Anllela Sagra, Nikki Blacketter, Sophie Arvebrink, Basically any gymshark female or labella mafia.

TO touch on your last post. Different people do react to different macro ratios differently. Pretty sure the types have been proven to not exist. The Caloric intake maintenance levels and all that shit are guidelines to give you a basic measurement to tweak to your bodies own individual needs from that starting point. Muscle gain comes from progressive overload and eating above your current maintenance level to fuel and repair (with the aid of protein). Go to examine.com and show her protein studies if shes hung up on protein.
Post 5 IP   flag post
My man, even tho I agree, I need accredited science here bro! Links please!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ask her for the science that proves her side
Post 7 IP   flag post
Bro, she's a woman, they need NO evidence to prove their case, lol...
Post 8 IP   flag post
if im bored after i eat my cancerous red meat i'll fnd you some links
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lol, do that son! Just got back from Vegas, need some brain dead time before I search, lol...
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is- people don't do studies to disprove the existence of something that is already accepted to be false. There are no studies that explore the likelihood of unicorns or leprechauns existing. I believe if you check the Wikipedia page on somatotypes there is some info. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@Thatguy81 my wife is the same way. Cardio, cardio, cardio, and low carb all the time. Then when she indulges she punishes herself. She does lift weights, but not with any real intensity. I tell her she needs to lift heavy and do less cardio, but she says she doesn't want to bulk up. I don't argue anymore.
Post 12 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
Lol, thanks guys! It's especially frustrating because she doesn't exercise at all and that's her excuse not to. I rarely even talk about it anymore but sometimes it bugs me. I'll tell her to read the Wiki page, hopefully she'll snap out of it!
Post 14 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man, I'm trying to play my cards right... Just got my GF to come to the gym with me. Went the other day and just did some cardio together. Asked her if she wanted to do some weights and she said she wants to do "stomach and butt" so I'm today were gonna do planks and kettle bell squats out the motherfucker with some glute bridges mixed in there. Just need to make sure it is a 100% positive experience to ensure she wants to come back.
Post 15 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808

^^ awww how misogenystic!

@Thatguy81, have you tried to show her some fitness models on instagram? They very often have videos with their workouts.
katyhearnFit and yanitayancheva are rather petite. (But there are tons of them. Maybe she will like their bodies.
Post 16 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Or maybe show her some interviews with females from SS. Most of them claims they don't really do cardio very often.

Unless she simply doesn't like this kind of physique. Then even science won't help
Good luck, though!
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
^^True, but I don't fear women at all, just don't need the drama of fighting over something I know she'll never believe.@SOLARSUPLEX totally jelly bro, I would love for her to workout with me, shit even she got big and buff it's better than being out of shape and saying she won't go because she's afraid of looking big ,doesn't even make sense to me...
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What's more important to you- being "right," or acknowledging that she is her own person who doesn't HAVE to agree with you, and has the right to do whatever she wants, even if it is incorrect and in direct opposition to what you would like her to do?

In other words, do you want a wife or a puppet? -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
I don't have to always be right, I'm not like that. I don't pressure her to do anything she doesn't want to do. We don't agree on a lot of things, but how fun would it be to married to my twin? You're married, I'm sure you don't control everything about your wife's life either, but I bet there are some things that drive you nuts sometimes...
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Absolutely. Off the top of my head I had three or four immediately pop into mind. But just because they annoy me doesn't mean I tell her what to do. When you have as many irritating habits as I do, it's dancing on a razor blade to start trying to get people to change their own habits to suit yourself.

Some people simply have no interest in working out or working out the way most of us do. It's just not in their DNA. -3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
Lol, agreed. Not sure if I came off as wanting to control her, but I do wish she had more interest in exercising. But that's okay, I love her for who she is and that's why we've been together for 12 years
Post 23 IP   flag post
Hahah, I've never controlled my wife. Can't be done. That's one of the reasons I liked her at first. She was feisty and strong minded. (been together 20 years now)

The problem is that she constantly complains about a little bit of fat here or there that she can't get rid of. Cardio, cardio, cardio, and low carb for years and years. It's obviously not working well enough to get her to that next level that SHE really wants. She's just to stubborn to give the strength training, less cardio, and balanced macro diet a chance. "Doesn't want to bulk up."

It's OK, though. I think she has a great body and a very nice ass (even though she doesn't do squats). I just want her to be completely happy with herself.
Post 24 IP   flag post
340735 24 24
destitute