Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
IntroductionNewbieTeenTraining Programs

15yrs looking for some help17351

rowkid private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure you guys have read a lot of threads about people my age being skinny and whatnot. Let me start by giving you guys some details about me, I'm 15, I row for a club in my country and I've been told to bulk up during off-season. I have until march to bulk up, that's when I start the season again. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to things related to the gym. No idea on how to manage my workout days or what to even do in the gym. I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me a bit of advice!

Cheers,
James
Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/13958/simply-shredded-faq---read-before-posting/

^ give that a read. Good stuff there...

Did your row coach give you a workout or guidance? Kinda funny they expect you to do something without you being coached on it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@SRorhrbac0808 Hey, thanks a lot for the reply man! will give it a good read. He usually gives the whole team a gym sched and diet during the season but off-season is when we get to do our own thing and bulk up. As this is my first year rowing, I don't really know anything about gyming haha. He told me to take a mass gainer though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
@rowkid mass gainers aren't necessary as long as you can eat enough whole food. They usually have tons of sugar and you'd be better off not spending the money as long as you can hit your caliric goals without them. That thread @SRorhrbac0808 posted a link to will have all the info you'll need to start out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I say fuck rowing boats and just bulk full time and lift heavy stuff full time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
I say fuck rowing boats and just bulk full time and lift heavy stuff full time.

I would expect nothing other then this reply from Steve lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Beans thanks a lot, appreciate it
Post 7 IP   flag post
ezvmoneybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Eat like a pig and lift heavy
Post 8 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezvmoneybeast
Eat like a pig and lift heavy

Don't do this! When I first started I was skinny too, and I ate way more calories than I needed, yes i gained some muscle but I also gained a fuck ton of fat, your gonna regret it.

Eat In a controlled manner, slightly above maintenance, and increase from there.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
if you can lift and row and be active and gain fat from eating everything in sight at 15 years old you are a god damn freak.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340738 10 10
destitute