Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LegsSplit Advice

Exercises to Develop Inside of QUADS17331

ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
Yo everybody been awhile I've post anything but lurking as usual, the Big issue I have is my tear job is lagging ALOT, outer sweep is exploding, a lot of progress with that.

what exercises and/ feet places yall think will put more emphasize on my teardrop, my legs would look much more impressive if the teardrops popping out.

AG
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Your quads all insert in a common tendon, so it's not possible to preferentially activate the vastus medialis over the vastus lateralis to a noticeable and meaningful degree. Like the shape of any muscle in the body, comes down to genetics. Sorry, bro.

One of many: http://digitalcommons.wku.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1446&context=ijes -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
ambitiongainer private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Ok thanks man
Post 3 IP   flag post
lauralovestolift private msg quote post Address this user
Hey there. I also have this issue. And have found that my FEET are whats causing me to naturally activate my lateralis alot more than my medialis, because i have flat feet and all the extra work my lateralis has to do to counterbalance my deformity i guesd you could say. This may be your problem or may not be, but i thought id put it out there. Do you have arches in your feet? Are they low or normal?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@zyxxx while that's true, they still can't be trained to emphasize one to the exclusion of preference of the others. EMG data has demonstrated this, but you don't need EMG to see why- all four heads of the quads insert on the tibial tuberosity so they can extend the lower leg. Therefore, ANY extension movement is going to recruit all four heads the same way. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Again with this "mind-muscle" ridiculousness. You can't activate one head of the quads more than the others by thinking about it or trying harder. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I don't believe in any kind of training that can not be backed by clinical literature and demonstrated through replicated examples. There is no amount of "mind muscle" connection that can allow you to contact one head of the quads at the expense of the others. Page 6 of this article cites its results and references some of the others indicating that selective muscle activation is not possible: http://www.castonline.ilstu.edu/McCaw/HPR482/EMGREAD_files/4540%20McCaw%20and%20Melrose%20squat%20EMG.pdf -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyxxx
the mind muscle connection has to play a part within this debate. I know it is not a tested factor, but I believe it can make a difference mentally and bodily.

Okay, what is the mind-muscle connection? Serious question, since it is not the first time I see this phrase. Is it like those affirmations (I can do it, I like myself stuff) but for muscles??? Thinking "now my butt is getting bigger" while doing donkey kicks for example?

Enlighten me, please.
Post 8 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If we didn't challenge clinical reports etc, then we would still be living in the "Dark Ages".

Isn't it quite opposite? If we didn;t run those reports we would still be living the "dark ages" (as you called it)?

But anyway, explain the concept for me, is it what I suggested it is? @zyxxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
If you don't have an open mind and rely on clinical reports then you will not appreciate the ideal. If we didn't challenge clinical reports etc, then we would still be living in the "Dark Ages".

This is so far from accurate it's absurd. There were no clinical reports to challenge in the dark ages.

This is also the cry of every person who holds their ideas in the face of science, knowing they are wrong, but too proud to admit it. The next line, of course, is "for every study you find stating XYZ, I could find ten saying the opposite." Of course no one ever actually posts these studies. I'll take the opinion of modern science, my kinesiology textbooks, and what I've experienced first hand with myself, clients and patients over what I read on a forum from someone of undetermined skill and knowledge. And all of those sources tell me you can't activate one head of the quad to the exclusion of others- especially not by the "mind-muscle" connection. -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
And you've missed MY point- as of right now, the very "moving on" you're referencing is scientific literature- which demonstrates what I'm stating- no preferential ability to recruit parts of the quads. Now, if you choose to believe otherwise, then it's not me who is incapable of evolving with correct training, it's you. -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight don't waste your time with this. zyxxx is that 3six9 troll.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
^^ Clearly. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
340617 13 13
destitute