Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Monster private msg quote post Address this user
Wana learn how to get better at bench i can only bench 135x5 and i wana get better i mean my dead lif is in 400's and squat at 315
Post 1 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Really? Do you have any physical issues that you think prevent you from doing more. That's some big numbers and a weak bench
Post 2 IP   flag post
No I've looked into it and its weird I work on it just as much as the rest and have been stuck at 135 for abt 2 months now everything else keeps climbing and also my push press is at the same I can't figure out why or how to get better
Post 3 IP   flag post
Why don't you throw on 10pds next time hit it and just keep adding a small amount of weight etx.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Work your way up
Post 5 IP   flag post
I've tried that a few times and I just can't get past 135 it feels normal and I work the same its just I feel pathetic
Post 6 IP   flag post
First off don't call yourself pathetic. Dude I had a 275 bench 405 deadlift and a fucking 225 squatx1. Sometimes body parts lag. Shit happens. What routine are you doing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I take weights at school and we do squat and push press 10-8-6-4 on Mondays bench and power cleans the same on Tuesday run Wednesday and then do Mondays routine on Thursday but 5x5 same with Tuesdays on Friday then Saturday and Sunday I hit golds with bench bar then add 10 up to 135 as many reps as I can do along with just normal machine work and 15 laps in the pool
Post 8 IP   flag post
How old are you. What's your weight.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm 17 and weight is 175
Post 10 IP   flag post
So have you brought this up to your teacher? Is this the only time your active in the gym Is at school for that period or do you go whenever
Post 11 IP   flag post
I have and he won't really talk to me or else I'd be talking to him I don't fit in there is two groups at my school the weak nerds and the buff jocks and I'm like in between and yes I go whenever which is practically twice a day now that I'm really trying to get my bench up
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thatguy81 private msg quote post Address this user
Just put in the work son, you're young and lots of growth ahead!
Post 13 IP   flag post
You're coach is a dick. I would get on a routine like Jim wendlers 5/3/1 routine. Look it up it'll help you get stronger.
Post 14 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@Monster Combination of volume and frequency.
Post 15 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Stop doing as many reps as you can on each weight. Start with the bar for 15-20 reps.

Hit 95lb for maybe 3-4

Take some time. Do a few push-ups.

Slide 125 on there and do 1, a second if you feel really good.

Get 145 on there and ask for a spot. Just nail that thing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
GreekLegend private msg quote post Address this user
We're all going to make it brah
Post 17 IP   flag post
340609 17 17
destitute