Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split Advice

help, does this sound like a good plan?17194

The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
But you're ignoring basic human physiology. Your brain needs glucose to run efficiently. No way around this. If you don't give it enough carbs to fuel nervous system function, it will simply convert protein to glucose, so you won't have enough to repair muscle tissue.

You also understand that eating low carb actually can CAUSE or worsen insulin resistance as part of a starvation type response, right? -3X
Post 26 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
@forgottenpass holy shit dude, either listen to the advice they're giving you or do what you want. you gained fat because you are more than you expended, plain and simple.
Post 27 IP   flag post
forgottenpass private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky
@forgottenpass holy shit dude, either listen to the advice they're giving you or do what you want. you gained fat because you are more than you expended, plain and simple.

Your right bro. I just want everything to go as planned. Cause when I lifted few years ago, I worked my ass off lifting weights come to find out I gained a fuck ton of fat, which bummed me out. I just don't want to rpeat the same mistakes again, that's why I'm taking all the precautions... But I get what your saying.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
But you're ignoring basic human physiology. Your brain needs glucose to run efficiently. No way around this. If you don't give it enough carbs to fuel nervous system function, it will simply convert protein to glucose, so you won't have enough to repair muscle tissue.

You also understand that eating low carb actually can CAUSE or worsen insulin resistance as part of a starvation type response, right? -3X

Hmm, definetly didn't know that. Probably aren't insulting resistance just gained weight because of a high caloric surplus.

But Does the macros I explained in my post work?
1g of protein per bw,
20-30% of fat from my calories then fill the rest with carbs?

Here's the article- http://rippedbody.jp/complete-diet-nutrition-set-up-guide/
Post 29 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@forgottenpass probably cause weren't lifting, following a bulking diet for people WHO LIFT WEIGHTS and in too much of a surplus.

Yes ur reading articles U WANT TO FIND.
Fuck me if I looked hard enough I'd find a study that tells us cows are smarter than people !!

And u Definately don't realise how important carbs are...
I was eating 500-550g DAILY and still had abs.

So in summary, u weren't even teaming eating too much and hadn't a clue what I were rayon and why !!
What did u expect to happen !!
Post 30 IP   flag post

TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
Just do the damn thing!!! What are you doing now? Just do it! Don't let your dreams just be dreams!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmothyGen
Just do the damn thing!!! What are you doing now? Just do it! Don't let your dreams just be dreams!

Hahaha wise words!
Post 32 IP   flag post
ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
That sonofabish stole it from the man Shia
Post 33 IP   flag post
Great! Got all the info I need to start serious lifting again.

Thanks again for the great advice guys, really appreciate it!!

@Firemansi repped to the max bro!
Post 34 IP   flag post
340762 34 9
destitute