Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieTraining Programs

Working out on the road or at hotels?17137

MarcusB86 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I have been trying to stay in shape while being sent on business trips around the country. I normally do compound lifts while at home but my performance always suffers when I travel. Is there a workout routine that allows me to workout "on the road" or at a hotel?
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Most gyms have day passes bro
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@MarcusB86 Call ahead to the hotel to see if they have a fitness room. Or try to make arrangements at a hotel that does.

If not, like @nine0seven says, most gyms will allow you to train on a day by day basis for like $10-20 per day.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Most hotels also have a partnership with gyms. If you stay there then you can use the local gym. I travel for work and do that. Also, you could invest in a gym membership that has gyms across the country. I also do that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
Most hotels also have a partnership with gyms. If you stay there then you can use the local gym. I travel for work and do that. Also, you could invest in a gym membership that has gyms across the country. I also do that.

That's a good idea! If you're a member of 24 Hour, LA Fitness, Golds Gym, you have access to any of their facilities across the country.
Post 5 IP   flag post
YouBetcha private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a kindle I highly recommend the book "Hotel Fitness: Workouts for the Road Warrior". I was in almost your exact situation with traveling a while ago and it really helped with me getting at least a decent workout while on the road. It has a lot of cool workout techniques that you can do in your room or hotel gym! Check it out:

http://amzn.to/1KQv2D8
Post 6 IP   flag post
340738 6 6
destitute