Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Misc.ShouldersSplit Advice

military press17100

Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
curious about how others grip the bar on this lift, for me inner hand just at the edge of the knurling, puts my hands just at the edges of my shoulders.
have watched a few videos and seen some guys go wide, almost bench press width. tried it last week, felt different, a lot shorter RoM.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
I always go pinky on the rings which is a pretty close grip, I believe if you go wide it puts way too much stress on the joint and it's harder to push through the movement.
Post 2 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
I reach my thumb out and put middle of my thumbprint on the edge of the knurl. If that makes sense .... So I guess about 3-4" out from the knurls.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
I reach my thumb out and put middle of my thumbprint on the edge of the knurl. If that makes sense .... So I guess about 3-4" in from the knurls.
this is pretty good hand placement too, that's how I bench.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
^^ I meant "out" from the knurls. I corrected my original post
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kecaldesian private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I see a few people doing that as well and to me it just never looked comfortable or safe for that matter. Specially with heavier weight. Stick with what your doing/ feels comfortable.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dem41 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
I always go pinky on the rings which is a pretty close grip, I believe if you go wide it puts way too much stress on the joint and it's harder to push through the movement.

That's where I tried it last week, that's also where I place my hands when I bench, pinky on the rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
I reach my thumb out and put middle of my thumbprint on the edge of the knurl. If that makes sense .... So I guess about 3-4" out from the knurls.

I may try this on a fsl on Friday, only a couple inches out from where I keep my hands now
Post 7 IP   flag post
340762 7 7
destitute