Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
InspirationMisc.Motivationsplit Advice

Bodybuilding books17075

ErickFromOmaha private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know any good books to read up on for some knowledge etc. I've only heard about the swolly bible (the modern encyclopedia of bodybuilding) by Arnold.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly, I have found most "bodybuilding" books to contain information that is in direct opposition to my anatomy/kinesiology textbooks. Sorry, bro. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
no good reads at all? What about your textbooks any books related to it. I don't want to spend textbook money lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
Bucky private msg quote post Address this user
Chris Aceto's books are pretty decent, parts are bout it outdated but nonetheless it'll give a good fundamental in both applicable bodybuilding and some of the science behind them. IDK about arnold's new bodybuilding encyclopedia but I hear that's a good read, though I don't know how accurate the information is in it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
I suppose it is not strictly about bodybuilding, but when the opportunity occurs I wanted to ask if "Becoming a Supple Leopard" is worth reading if anyone has, because it is waiting in my line. Any opinions?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Bucky I'll have to check that out I was book shopping today but will order from Amazon, way cheaper. The encyclopedia is like 800+ pages.Had a lot of cool stuff in it.

@A_em I saw that today didn't read it though. Thought I saw it in the cookbook area. I was looking through some things there checked out thug kitchen but that's mostly paleo veggie stuff.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Or the fitness area I'm not too sure
Post 7 IP   flag post
A_em private msg quote post Address this user
@ErickFromOmaha, oh for sure it is not about cooking. It is about the characteristic of movement and mobility. Maybe for most of you it is something that you already know, but I thought it could be helpful for me, as a novice. That's why asked if someone has read it to know your opinion.
Post 8 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Becoming a Supple Leopard- Kelly Starrett.
Quality !!
Post 9 IP   flag post
DEXchidera private msg quote post Address this user
Arnold; The education of a bodybuilder....Great book

Any book you can get by chad Waterbury or Christian thibaudeau would be very very helpful to you
Post 10 IP   flag post
bslo private msg quote post Address this user
While arnolds books including his biography may not be the best information they are definately interesting reads expecially into alot of the history and culture of bodybuilding.
Post 11 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Nutrition..

Samurai Diet by Nate Miyaki

Power lifting..

- Wendler 5/3/1 (and the sequels)

- Deadlift dynamite by Andy Bolton, Pavel Tsatsouline

- Bench Press: The Science by Josh Bryant

- Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe - have not read yet... is it worth reading?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user

-3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
painisgrowth523 private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of information are you looking for? Because there's a lot of information already available on the web. If it's for exercises you could probably go to bodybuilding.com or other websites that have exercises. Goodreads.com should have a list of books too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
340750 14 14
destitute